“The Worlds BEST Steak ? Maybe.. but You Need to be the Judge” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 93 Restaurants in Jaco
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Eclectic, Californian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: We are a 60 seat Funky, Comfortable Bistro style Restaurant with a Blackboard menu that changes daily with the local availability of the freshest products, Fruits, Vegetable, Seafood and Meats. We pride ourselves in the Slow Food movement and maintain by using local fresh, healthy and sustainable products from the region. We have no rules or boundaries when it comes to our food and our ambiance is just as eclectic. We are off the main track and a little difficult to find on purpose. Our concept is to appeal to Anyone with a fine palete for food and drink in a comfortable, climate controlled, safe and intimate setting.
Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica
“The Worlds BEST Steak ? Maybe.. but You Need to be the Judge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

My wife and I moved to Costa Rica about 9 weeks ago for a new business that she is involved with. Prior to moving here she came down at least 3 times and I also came down here 2 times to see if we could truly leave the U.S.A. and make a life here in Costa Rica.

My wife on her first visit came back to the U.S. and told me about this restaurant that had the BEST Steak she had ever tasted. I was a bit suspicious as I am TRULY a BEEF guy, but she had been an Executive in several Las Vegas Resort/Casinos and got to eat at some OUTSTANDING restaurants. She not only ate in Las Vegas, but in here travels as a Casino Executive she made the rounds in Chicago, New Orleans as well as New York City...all of which have exceptional restaurants.

When I arrived in Costa Rica, I was ready to try this restaurant called Graffitis. I did order the steak, which is a coffee/cocoa encrusted steak. My wife ordered the fish. When the steak arrived not only was it done to PERFECTION (as I like my steak less than medium rare), and the taste was like WOW. Ok ok, I know what you are thinking any restaurant can get lucky once in awhile, and I would agree with you. So, a few weeks later we had friends visiting from the U.S. and we returned to Graffitis. ANOTHER 10 rating out of 10. Yes, this was no fluke. We have since been back to this restaurant a couple more times with friends and the meals have ALL been superb!

In the community where we live, many people have bought homes and have turned them into vacation rentals. As a professional photographer I like to talk to people that I meet by the pool, and find out where they are from and what drew them to Costa Rica. When asked about a good local restaurant the first word out of my mouth is Graffitis. In the 5 families that I have told about this fine restaurant they ALL have come back MOST impressed and thanking me for such a excellent recommendation. In fact one group in the 10 days that they spent here ate there 3 times.

As you can tell I REALLY like this place, but again don't let me tell you what is all about, YOU be the Judge of this epicurean delight.

94% Recommend
Tampa, Florida
“Top Notch Food in "JACO "Costa Rica"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

To start you want to order a App of Sushi, Sashimi, And A Few Graffiti's "Fusion Roll Deluxe"s
Order a round of Drinks, From Wine to Top Shelf Liqueur The Choice is yours!!!
They have a great selection of Sea Food, Like:Tuna, Wahoo, Snook, Grouper,
Dorado, Sea bass. Etc.. Also Don't forget the Coffee Incrusted Filet, and Deserts.
Over all i think you will Love this Place for more reasons then ONE!!!

P.S. WERE GOING TO: "GRAFFITI"s TONIGHT"

• Visited August 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Best little place in Jaco! Must eat here!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

This place is tucked in the back corner of a strip mall by the KFC! Best steak I have ever had. I live in Vegas so we have some of the best food places. It was only 19.00 for this steak that was rubbed with coffee. We also had the pizza and Sushi role. This truly is one of the best places. We wanted to go again but have a rule we don't eat at the same place twice on vacation.

Atmosphere is so so. No view or anything. Pretty small place but worth it. Takes visa and MasterCard only, besides cash.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jaco Beach,
“Great enough to convert Vegetarians to Meat or Vice-Versa!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Wow, I just got done having one of the best vegetarian italian pasta dishes of my life, and that
came after one of the greatest filet-mignon topped salads I ever had (ok this is the only place
I know that offers this delectable combo salad.) Dare I also mention the greatest fresh watermelon martini and that THIS PLACE IS AIR-CONDITIONED-HOORAY!

As a local I have eaten here before, as it is my favorite restaurant in all of Costa Rica, but tonight
was so good i had to write about it, as I never had the homemade pasta before: 2 giant cannellonis with a perfectly spiced mushroom spinach filling topped with 2 great sauces-a delicious marinara sauce and nicely seasoned bechamel sauce. Truly awesome!

Many have all ready commented on the uniqueness-flavor-tenderness of the steaks (always perfectly cooked to order) with their homemade rub (no it doesn't taste anything like coffee nor cacao so don't be prejudiced). All I can say is "try their steaks" before paying double elsewhere for an overcooked, poorly seasoned imported U.S. steak that's probably been frozen- thawed- refrozen-rethawed before its dumped on your table by a waiter you'll never see again until it's time to take your plate away prior to your finishing your meal. Graffiti has always had some of the most caring and knowledgable waitpersons in Costa Rica.

Other options: Want perfectly spiced cajun style dishes? -just ask the owner Danny who spent many wild nights in N'awlins. Want super fresh fish? -get there at 5:30 pm and see the fish guy deliver that mornings' catch. Want sliders?-get the variety pack of one fish, one chicken, one burger, and of course, they have nightly specials.
Yes they have desserts, but I am always too stuffed to order one-hopefully someday they
will offer mini-desserts for those whose pants don't have an elastic waist band.
Try Graffiti, a "foodies" trip to the promised land!

Cape Coral, Florida
“AMAZING!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Best restaurant we ate at in all of Jaco.the steak special is a must have. I have eaten steaks at many fine dining establishments like Ruth's Chris and this by far exceeded anything they have to offer. You have to start with the tuna tartar.....I am not a fan of raw tuna and I couldn't get enough of it. We also had the fish special which was delicious! I am going to keep this short because I just feel like I am repeating what everyone else already stated........You have to go you won't be disappointed!!