“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 49 Specialty lodging in Jaco
Porsgrunn, Telemark, Norway
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This hostel is extremely good! We were 3 girls who traveled around Costa Rica for 2 weeks and stayed at different hostels with different standards. And this place was absolutely the best we visited. Great atmosphere, great people that work here and good food.We stayed in the private room which was really good if you want some privacy. This is a place that we certainly will recommend and visit again. Close to both the beach and town.

Love from Norway X 3 .

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This place was a lot of fun and I met some cool people while staying here. It's not very nice though, the beds are crummy and it's dirty. The dorm room I was in was probably the smallest room that could possibly fit 8 beds. The bathroom had dozens of mosquitoes flying round. I killed 5 or 6 myself while showering.

With all that said it's a great place for backpackers looking to have fun and meet people. I was traveling solo and a group of us from the hostel went out on the town that night and had a great time. It's in a fantastic location just a few minutes walk to the beach and they rent boards so you don't have to go out of your way to for that.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My first time in Bohio was last easter and since then I try to go often. This hostel is a great option for travelers cause is cery close from beach (like 25m), have enough space and if you want some privacy they have private rooms or the normal dorms..

The hostel have a great relaxing vibe and is because the owners and the people who works there are just amazing,... so kind, they are always trying to make people get a very nice time there.

The restaurant also is a great plus of this hostel, great food with good price.

Now their new surf school is a good option for all the people who always has been interested to learn surf, definetely that´s the best place to do it with good instructors, good equipment and if you already know , just go and rent a surfboard for day.

Besides all this things, this place is great to make new friends and have great time with people from all the world.

Room Tip: Everything depends about your mood and if you will like more privacy, the cabins are good and of co...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Halmstad, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I spent almost a week here with my sister and we'd planned to do a lot of cooking at the hostel. We definitely changed that plan. The kitchen was so dirty even though I saw cleaning ladies there almost every day. And I also cannot find it acceptable that people smoke pot and probably use other kinds of substances there. The staff was on the other hand superfriendly and I always felt welcome and never afraid!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Myself and two girlfriends just recently stayed at Beds on Bohio while visiting some friends in Costa Rica. It was our first time in Costa Rica and first time ever staying in a hostel and I must say it was pretty amazing. All of our worries were shed upon our arrival. The owners Chris and Claudio were absolutely amazing through out our stay.

When we first arrived we had a hard time giving the cab driver instructions on getting to the hostel (language barrier and no street signs will do that) so we called the hostel and Chris was able to direct the cab driver to the hostel for us, and when we arrived he was right there waiting with a warm and welcoming hello!

We stayed in a private room which was perfect for the three of us. Beds were comfortable and we never had an issue sleeping. For the most part we used the outside shower which was just magical... highly recommend it!

The thing I loved the most was the security at the hostel. After hours you can only get in with a key and during the day its clear that Chris and Claudio and the other employees know whose staying there and will not allow visitors beyond the restaurant area. I felt very safe staying here.
They also have a super sweet guard dog Roxy.

The hostel is located right by the beach and all the major clubs

Overall this place is GREAT. Chris and Claudio were super cool and amazing, staff was awesome (Can, Lindsey, and Antoine two thumbs way up!), and I never once regretted my decision to stay here. I definitely plan on going back and now i'm willing to experiment with other hostels in the future. Thanks guys!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

To use the cliche, this is a very chill place. Read: surfer dude hangout. Not really my scene but there were plenty of friendly people to talk to. The staff was great, very friendly and eager to make your stay pleasant. There is also a very friendly old dog named Roxie, living here. During much of the day, she's sleeping under the tables but in the evening she's quick to make your acquaintance. The attached restaurant served great food and the 2$ beers can't be beat. The rooms were kept quite clean and I noticed the ladies were working much of the afternoon, keeping the place in order. Top it off, the place is only steps from the beach. I would definitely give it another go!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Camberley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I planned to go from Quepos straight to Montezuma but as there is only one quick boat from Jaco in the morning, i was forced to stay in Jaco or go the long way around. I decided to stay here as it was recommended by a friend but i wasn't to inpressed, the matresses in the room were really thin and the guy in my dorms said he was doubling his up to make do. The covers for my bed were on the floor which wasn't great. There was a cockroach in the bathroom and there was no toilet paper. There wasn't a good vibe like other hostels but the guys working there were friendly but smoking weed (good for some people i guess)

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Beds on Bohio? Share your experiences!