“I'd love to stay again” 4 of 5 stars

You added Beds on Bohio to your Saves list
Beds on Bohio
Calle Bohio, Jaco, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #18 of 48 Specialty lodging in Jaco
“I'd love to stay again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My friend and I found "beds on bohio" through Trip Advisor. All the reviews seemed quite positive, so we pre-booked 3 nights here. Well turns out we ended up staying 8 days in Jacó instead of 3 :) Chris, Marco, and Claudio were awesome hosts and were very helpful. The location is perfect : 1/2 block to the beach and 1/2 block to the main road. We met a lot of really awesome people here, including the staff, we really felt at home. I'd also like to mention that Chapu is a great surfing instructor and would recommend him as well :) One thing I would mention is, its definitely worth the extra $2 for the air conditioning dorm. Thanks guys for the hospitality and great times :)

• Stayed November 2012

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Golden, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great vibe in the hostel 2minutes fromthe beach by walk 10$ per night for dorm I meet a bunch of friend there they help you find your way around town bar, surf break, restaurant etc. theygave me a bunch of great link for my future travel around costa rica

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

They have everything from dorms with or without A/C, to single or double rooms with kitchens, so there are lots of choices. They have a big community kitchen, free bikes to borrow, and free WIFI. My mom and stayed in a room with two big beds, a TV, private bathroom with shower (no hot water), and a kitchen. We came in the rainy season, so they were painting and remodeling some of the rooms for the upcoming busy season so we got a great price of $30 per night. We checked some other hostels nearby and they were all more expensive and didn't include a kitchen or TV in the room. This is a perfect location right next to the beach, shops and restaurants. The best part of the whole experience was how nice and helpful the staff was. I would definitely return and hope to soon.

Room Tip: Check out the different choices in rooms, we looked at 3 before we found the perfect one for us.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

3rd time in costa rica and backpacking with my friend from england. We stayed in jaco for a few nights at Beds on Bohio during October and we loved it! It had great location, was only 50 metres from the beach and was 2 seconds from the main street where all the bars are! The owners were so helpful in giving us information about the place and where to surf and they took us surfing! the rooms were really clean, had A/C and was a great price. Look forward to returning to jaco and more importantly Beds on Bohio!!

Room Tip: go for air conditioning, only 1 dollar extra.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

What a perfect place to stay! We wandered into town, hot and sticky with heavy backpacks to be greeted by Claudio asking if we needed a room. We were accommodated to with such ease and really felt at home here, so much we decided to stay 3 nights instead of the 1 we had booked. A friendly dog named Roxy hangs out at the hostel, and is happy to tag along with guests as they stroll around town. The location of Beds on Bohio cant be beat and the company of the long-term guests cant be rivaled. The rooms were comfortable and clean with a spacious shared kitchen complete with anything you need. The price is just right, and the burgers at the cafe out front are the best in Jaco.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Upon first entering Beds On Bohio, I felt uncomfortable. I'm not a surfer and this is definitely a surfer/beach hostel. I didn't think I would relate to anyone, but I was wrong -- people of all types stay here! I opted for the room with A/C and it can get pretty cold. They only have flat sheets, so if your roommates prefer to have a freezing room, then I suggest bringing your own blanket (like I did) or moving to one of the other rooms with fans. Kitchen and communal areas are friendly and clean. LOVE THE HAMMOCKS! The only downfall is the bathroom situation...since it's a beach town, the bathroom gets pretty abused towards end of day. I suggest showering in the outside shower and using the bathroom up front by the restaurant. Also, this hostel has the best dog -- Roxy! She is so sweet and apparently everyone in Jaco knows her. Chris, the owner/manager, is very cool. He'll help you with just about anything and is very approachable. Lockers are not in the rooms, but outside in the kitchen area. Just bring a sturdy lock. Even though Chris tells guests to always lock their rooms, not everyone listens, so best to lock up anything valuable ... or there is a safe up front if you are really worried. WIFI is great, but only works up front and not back in the rooms/common areas.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Wernigerode, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

I stayed 2 nights at the hostel and I really loved it. The personnel is awesome. There are 4 different dorm rooms for 3,4,6 or 8 people. The hostel in general is very clean and you get a great value for your money. Besides that it is very close to the beach and in the middle of Jaco, so that you need 2min to the next bar and 5 to the bigger supermarket. The only thing is that we had some trouble to find it first. Therefore if you arrive with the bus go to the heart of the city. Follow the street and cross the little bridge. From there turn right into the 2nd street and than after 50m, the house before the one with the VW bus. I really recommend the hostel and enjoy your time there!

Room Tip: ask for the dorm for 3 people!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Beds on Bohio? Share your experiences!