“Really Good” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 101 Restaurants in Jaco
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
Vancouver, Canada
“Really Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I loved the food here! The service was also really great, I hope to come back one day just for these delicious tacos!

Winnipeg
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

The food here was amazing. We all ordered something different and everyone enjoyed their meal. You can order fish tacos, shrimp ones (which I would highly recommend) and then you get unlimited at the salad bar which was great. I had chicken fingers and fries and they were great! The smoothies are awesome and can't wait to go back!

erie
“Awesome breakfast and dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We were given a voucher for breakfast so we decided to check it out. Unbelievable breakfast and some are even available for $3 pp! The best coffee hands down I have ever had.
Then we went back for dinner. Tacos were awesome and they give you access to a huge salad bar with rice, potatoes, salad and more.
If you don't go here then you will miss out on great food and great service

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Somerset, Kentucky
“Try something new”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Loved the atmosphere very relaxed and calm. Think outside the box they have great options as you built your own taco.

Visited September 2013
jamaica
“Not worth the money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Five of us went here last night and we waited over 45 minutes for our order.... It finally came out to us... Cold! First they sent out my daughters food... The the 4 of us waited and waited.... To have nasty food arrive!
We asked for our money back and they pretended of a sudden to not speak English... What a joke and what a scam.
I would never recommend this place. The food sits out in the air far too long to be safe. I predict a lot of sickness happens after eating here. We took our food home and tossed it out.... Lesson learned. I hate it when a place takes advantage of tourists.... Terrible!!!!

Visited March 2014
Tacobar_Restaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Tacobar Jaco Beach, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear client,

First of all I would like to thank you for letting us know about this unfortunate incident. There is no excuse for the food coming out as late and cold like you have mentioned, even if the restaurant was full at time of your visit. Our Spanish speaking staff know that they must call one of the cashiers or managers that are fluent in English when ever an English speaking client requests something, if that wasn't done in your case, I truly apologize.

I can assure you that our food is absolutely fresh, we receive daily deliveries from our fish, meat and vegetable providers which are carefully selected and processed. All our cleaning and sanitizing is done with bio-degradable products only and our salad bar is carefully regulated to assure the refrigerating and heating system inside it maintains the right temperature.

Every dish is cooked to serve at the moment of the order, we do not pre-cook our menu items or use frozen processed food products. Unfortunately it seems from your comment that the restaurant was back up, and the prepared dishes may have sat in the kitchen longer than they should before being served to your table.

I would love an opportunity to apologize to you in person and refund your bill if that was not already done by our staff. You can contact me at any time at liz@tacobarcr.com or +506 8332 5505.

I would like to thank you again for bringing this incident to my attention and apologize for any inconvenience it has caused to you and your family. Our staff has been briefed about your case and we have refreshed all our customer service guidelines and policies to assure that this does not happen again.

Regards,