“Couldn't have asked for anything more” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 61 activities in Jaco
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Daily Surf Lessons/Surf Camp Packages/Advance Surf Coaching. Certified Surf Instructors and lifeguards, 100% Costa Ricans! English/Spanish spoken. We have been teaching for over 8 years now, providing our students with supreme knowledge and safety, we are ranked within top 10 competitors of the National Surf Competitions. Why Dominical Surf Lessons? Because we are professional, responsible, patience and have the experience that you are looking for. LEARN RIGHT, LEARN WITH THE LOCALS!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Couldn't have asked for anything more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Me and a bunch of friends went down to Jaco for surf lessons. All of us were at varying levels of experience. We all had the most amazing time .....and have been depressed since returning to the States. We surfed with people recognized in the world, and were shown a remarkable time by some truly amazing and patient people.

A few of the guys and I teach in various disciplines, and we were all consistently impressed by the cues used by Debbie and team. She and Flaco were right in the water with us helping us the whole time. Meanwhile we saw other instructors calling out commands from the beach. We also had a friend choose another instructor at another beach - she wound up injured. They should really charge more.

Thanks guys!!!

San Diego, California
“Debbie is the coolest chick in all of Costa Rica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

You have to book surf lessons through her. Not only are the lessons awesome, if you already know how to surf, she will send you out with a pro that has been surfing these waves since they were in the womb, put you in the best spots, and ensure you are killing it all day. We did 4 days and on one of the nights she took us to a surf competition in Playa Hermosa and set us up with a VIP table on the beach, VIP booth and bottle service in the club after, and then had all of the surfers from the comp come hang with us that night and surf with us in the morning.

Debbie seriously was the coolest chick. She speaks english really well and I highly reccomend this to everyone.

Roanoke, Virginia
“Debbie and Flaco are Phenomenal!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I cant say enough about Debbia and Flaco!!! They run the Dominical Surf Camp in Jaco. I planned a 8 person surf camp and was very impressed with everything. Debbie was so helpful prior to the trip, during the trip and after the trip!! She spoke with me via email and on the phone to make sure all our accommodations were set up and she even picked us up from the airport. During surf camp her lessons were top notch and all 8 of us got up and surfed a wave the first day! She was excellent at planning our evening dinners for us and showing us around town. After the trip she sent us pictures she had taken all week!

All 8 of us had the best time in Jaco. There is no way that we would have had this much fun with out Debbie. Don't go to Jaco unless you call her!!!!!!!!!!

Los Angeles, California
“Debbie is the Best!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

My experience with Debbie and Flaco wildly exceeded my expectations and I couldn’t recommend anyone more than these two amazing people! I work as a pilot and travel a lot for a living, but the experience I had in Jaco with Dominical Surf Lessons was the highlight of any vacation I’ve ever had!
This was my first trip dedicated to just surfing, and after reading through all the positive reviews on Tripadvisor I was sold on using Dominical Surf Lessons since there was not 1 negative review. In fact every review was rated “excellent” so I figured there’s a good reason why everyone rated it so high….simply, it’s the best experience you can have if you decide to go to Costa Rica!
I communicated with Debbie before I made solid plans to book the trip, and she was always responding promptly to emails and any questions I had. I was unsure exactly how to plan out the trip since this was my first time going solo out of the US, so I told Debbie to plan out the 10 days I would spend there however she thought would be best. The trip turned out much better having her plan it than anything I had in mind, so I’d highly recommend anyone interested in going down there to trust Debbie in Flaco with what to do. From the surfing, the hotel (Casa Mafalda), the restaurants, the clubs and bars, basically everything that is fun to do down there, they’ll arrange the time of your life if you leave your plans up to them.
Transportation: I arrived at SJO airport and was picked up promptly, and met another American that arrived on the flight before mine for the same surf trip that I came for. We became instant friends, along with Ester who had picked us up, and the time of our lives ensued for the next 7+ days.
Hotel: Debbie set us up at Casa Mafalda, which was the perfect spot for this trip being that its right on the beach, is walking distance to town, has all the amenities and food you need, and has some of the most amazing people working there as staff. Pino is the general manager at the hotel and is by far one of the nicest dudes I’ve ever met, and Vincent the owner is another incredible person to meet if he is in town! Every morning Pino cooks breakfast and always has coffee ready for you to enjoy. He also makes an incredible dinner if you get the chance to stay there, the risotto fruti del mar is his specialty and its well known to a lot of people in Jaco.
Surfing: The first day I arrived had the best waves, and Debbie and Flaco were quick to get me in the water and start enjoying what I came to Costa Rica for! I’ve been surfing on and off for almost 20 years, and Debbie was incredible when it came to improving my surfing… she’s patient, she knows what she’s talking about, she is passionate about teaching and making sure you’re getting the most you can out of your experience in the water. Debbie and Flaco are incredibly talented surfers, but they are freaking rockstars when it comes to teaching people how to surf. In just 4 days they had improved the other client I arrived with from zero experience into riding shortboards and ripping up the waves… no joke, that really happened and it’s a testament to how talented they are at teaching!
Food and Nightlife: If there’s anything I do a lot of when I travel, its spending time finding great places to eat and fun spots for nightlife. Debbie and Flaco have monster appetites like mine, so this worked out great since they took me to a ton of great restaurants that were delicious and surprisingly cheap. As far as nightlife goes, Debbie knows every fun spot to be at everyday there is something going on, she’s a rockstar in and out of the water and its such a blast hanging out with her and her friends. She’s an excellent host if you decide on enjoying the nightlife Jaco has to offer!
Overall Experience: This has been the highlight of any trip I’ve gone on, and that’s saying a lot since I travel all the time. My trip wouldn’t have been the same if I booked with any other surf school, and meeting Debbie, Flaco, Steve, Ester, and Pino made the trip incredible! I still wake up every morning looking at a framed picture I took in front of Casa Mafalda, and every time I have vacation days saved up I am looking online for flights to go back to Jaco. I left Costa Rica feeling like I made lifelong friendships with the people I met there and there isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think of them. “Debbie is the best” is on almost every review that I read before I made my trip down there, and now I completely understand why everyone has given them excellent reviews. Debbie is one of the most incredible people you’ll meet, she’s a beautiful person inside and out, she’s passionate about what she does, she’s incredibly talented at teaching, and I feel privileged to have met her and have surfed alongside her! Debbie, you are the best and you’re the reason why out of the hundreds out places I’ve traveled to, I miss Jaco the most. Thank you so much for everything and I wish you continued success. See you again next month 

Visited January 2013
boston
“Debbie is an awesome surf instructor!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My son and I took surfing lessons from Debbie. In the second lesson with my 14 year old beginner son, Debbie had him out with the big boys in the line up. Watching him drop in a wave taller than him and ride it like a local was just awesome. During our lesson, she was very patient and spent all of her time teaching. A fantastic personality, expert advice and lots of smiles makes for a great lesson. Can't wait to head back to CR to take another lesson with Debbie again!

Visited April 2013