“Best memory of our trip!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 62 activities in Jaco
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Daily Surf Lessons/Surf Camp Packages/Advance Surf Coaching. Certified Surf Instructors and lifeguards, 100% Costa Ricans! English/Spanish spoken. We have been teaching for over 8 years now, providing our students with supreme knowledge and safety, we are ranked within top 10 competitors of the National Surf Competitions. Why Dominical Surf Lessons? Because we are professional, responsible, patience and have the experience that you are looking for. LEARN RIGHT, LEARN WITH THE LOCALS!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 attraction reviews
“Best memory of our trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We used Debbie and Dominical Surf Lessons twice again this year and it was hands down the best activity of our trip. Debbie always remembers us and we seem to pick up right where we left off the year before. This was our third year using her. Our ages are 55, 27 and 17. The very best part of Dominical Surf is Debbie. She is so sweet and caring that you'll leave your lesson thankful with a true appreciation for life and the Costa Rican lifestyle. Did I mention she can surf? Jeez, unbelievable! I've been traveling to Costa Rica for over 10 years and our best memories are with Dominical Surf Lessons.

Visited March 2013

Seattle, Washington
15 attraction reviews
“OH MY GOSH!!! This is the surf school you want!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband surfed as a kid in N. California, and is now a Medicare Man. We had both fooled around with a few surf lessons here & there: Hawaii, Mexico, etc. But we learned things with Debbie Zec and her surf instructors that even he didn't know from his years of surfing as a kid.

Debbie is THE surf instructor you need to call....she is truly fabulous! She is a certified instructor and has some ways to get you up on that board that no one else teaches. She is a patient, incredibly gifted instructor, and did I mention she is famous in CR as a surf competitor as well? She wins regularly when she can compete (lessons keep her very busy!).

Debbie has hand-selected instructors that teach her methods. They are all very good guys, excellent surfers and a lot of fun, as well as very experienced teachers. While we were there, we saw all sorts of people that were surfing with Debbie and her guys, and they ranged from beginning beginners to good surfers.

Debbie prefers to teach private or semi-private lessons. She had 3 of us one day, and was able to give each one of us personal instruction. She kept us going on wave after wave for 2 hours, and we were surfing green water and catching waves on our own mid-way through our first session!

Debbie speaks perfect English and can communicate in English or Spanish. She is such a delightful person that you will want to hang with her after the lesson. She gave us some AWESOME restaurant recommendations and showed us around Jaco. Debbie is one of those people that you want to stay in contact with...and we will. We absolutely adored this young woman!

There are a lot of surf instructors in Costa Rica, but Debbie & her guys are THE BEST OF THE BEST! Be sure to call her...you won't be disappointed!

Longmont, Colorado
“Great instructors, great surf, awesome life!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

My partner and I decided a couple years ago to move to Costa Rica permanently. One of the main things I wanted to get into right away was surfing. Not only for exercise, I also wanted to get that stay relaxed attitude that most surfers seem to have. We arrived here in July of last year and I finally got around to setting up my first surf lesson in late October. I contacted Debbie and she got me set up right away in Dominical. My instructor for that day was Josue and he had me through the basics, in the water, and riding waves in less than an hour. It was great being able to stand up the first time and feeling the water carry me. I was pretty exhausted by the end, but knew it was exactly what I was wanting. I had glasses at the time of the first lesson and you can't wear glasses out in the water since they'd fall off right away so I had trouble seeing the instructor when he was on the beach trying to give me signals. Luckily Costa Rica has great eye care doctors so I decided to get lasik in San Jose in December. Once that was all done and healed I decided it was time for a second lesson so I could be off on my own and learning how to cut some righteous waves by myself. Yesterday was my second lesson, and I had Debbie and Junior as my instructors with a group on Dominicalito beach. I was able to paddle and stand up on a several waves by myself. I took a little more time in between waves this time so I wasn't so exhausted by the end. Now I can go rent a board by myself and start my surfing adventures!
I can't recommend Dominical Surf Lessons enough! They have the perfect match of local talent with great teaching ability. Their english is great too! Definitely an important thing to have when trying to learn something as difficult as surfing. Don't be afraid to ask them for some good restaurant recommendations afterward or anything else you'll be wanting to do in the area. You can't be the knowledge of a local!

Visited February 2013
“Dominical made it "just that easy" :) thank you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Woke up on a Monday and my wife said "maybe my son and I should learn how to surf today?"
After browsing Trip advisor we decided to call Dominical. Too easy, we called at 9 from Bejuco and by 10 we were on the beach in Jaco with Debbie. Debbie was very kind and informative. Her passion for both surfing and teaching made our adventure that day a successful memory that we will never forget. Debbie started us out on the beach instructing the basics of surfing. With in 1/2 hour Debbie had us up and surfing for the first time. We would strongly recommend any one wanting to learn how to surf to contact Dominical Surf Lessons. Fun, safe and very friendly.
Great job Debbie!

Barva, Costa Rica
“Excellent Service and Instructors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This guys are really good instructors, my experience with them has been awsome, they are very professional, friendly, and very good teachers, Debbie and Flaco rules!! I will recomend Dominical Surf Lessons 100%,

Visited April 2012