“Excellent Service and Instructors” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 71 Activities in Jaco
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Daily Surf Lessons/Surf Camp Packages/Advance Surf Coaching. Certified Surf Instructors and lifeguards, 100% Costa Ricans! English/Spanish spoken. We have been teaching for over 8 years now, providing our students with supreme knowledge and safety, we are ranked within top 10 competitors of the National Surf Competitions. Why Dominical Surf Lessons? Because we are professional, responsible, patience and have the experience that you are looking for. LEARN RIGHT, LEARN WITH THE LOCALS!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Barva, Costa Rica
“Excellent Service and Instructors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This guys are really good instructors, my experience with them has been awsome, they are very professional, friendly, and very good teachers, Debbie and Flaco rules!! I will recomend Dominical Surf Lessons 100%,

Visited April 2012

Matawan, New Jersey, United States
“Sooo much more that just a surf school!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My experience with Dominical surf school was far beyond any of my expectations. This was my first time surfing and I was surfing a short board within 4 days! My instructors Debbie and Juan Carlo AKA:Flaco were incredible instructors. They were super knowledgable of all the surf spots in Costa Rica and even on the days when most the sea was flat, they would manage to find us a spot to catch some great waves. Both Debbie and Flaco are amazing surfers and get a tremendous amount of respect from all the locals. They are something like Rock Stars through out Costa Rica. Debbie was way more than just a an instructor, she was like having an expert hostess. After every surfing session, she would take me to local spots in town to get pipo juice (coconut water) and than we would go get a huge plate of traditional Cost Rican food for only $5. I then would go back to the hotel for some much needed rest. Debbie set me up at Casa Malfada which was a small quant place on the beach just as I requested. The decor was simple but I wouldn't have wanted to been anywhere else. It was a short walk into town and Pino who manages the place couldn't have been more accomadating along with the owner Vincent who just happened to be in town through out my visit. Every morning Pino would personally cook me breakfast of my request and I would speak with both Pino and Vincent for hours. Although I made this trip alone, it never felt that way. I made relationships with people that I know I will see again. Later in the evening Debbie wouldn't just tell me where to go for dinner and some local nightlife. Instead she would invite me out with her and all of her friends where I enjoyed some amazing food at some cool local spots like Tsunami sushi and her friend Mariana's restraunt located on the beach. She always knew where all the best dj's were and it seemed as if we always had our own personal corner to hang out no matter how many people were there. Every Saturday afternoon, there is a local surf competition where everyone gets together for happy hour and some BBQ on the beach. I went with Debbie and her friends to cheer on Flaco, who in my opinion should have won but I guess maybe I was being biased because all the surf contestants were ripping it up. My profession is a Personal trainer and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu instructor. Debbie even hooked me up with her friend Leo and we got together with some other locals and trained Jiu Jitsu on the beach as the sun was setting. My entire experience of Costa Rica was incredible and I owe it all to Debbie and her staff. I cannot reccomend using Dominical Surf School strong enough. I assure you that you will not be disappointed. Debbie is truly a special person and Costa Rica can only be summed up in one word, PURA VIDA!!!

Steven

Visited January 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“They made it so easy!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

My sister and I wanted to take a surf lesson while in Dominical so I contacted Debbie and we set one up. Our instructor was Josue and he was amazing! I had surfed once before and only got up once the entire lesson, but Josue had us up and catching waves within minutes it seemed. We had so much fun that we booked another lesson for the next day! Josue continued to give us tips and help us along and made sure we were surfing in the right areas. I would give 10 stars if I could! I can't wait to come back and surf some more!

Visited December 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Outstanding surf school for beginners and great surf guide for surfers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My group included beginners and experienced surfers. The beginners received excellent instruction and were standing on their surf boards in no time. The real advantage of this school is it is owned and run by pro surfers. Debbie has competed on the pro surfer circuit. If you are a surfer, hire her as a surf guide and surf with her. It is so much fun to surf with someone at her level of skill, and you will learn about the best breaks and waves at Jaco and Hermosa that only a local knows. Debbie is a very unique and delightful person, who works extremely hard to provide a first class surfer experience. As one example, when my leash broke while we were surfing some bigger waves together, she rode in to get my board and gave me her leash off of her board to use!

Visited December 2012
Jersey City
“Best Surf Lessons Yet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I decided to take up surfing lessons before going on a Living Social trip to Costa Rica with my girlfriend. We took two surfing lessons in New Jersey before we hopped on our flight. All told, I have had surf lessons with five different instructors in the past six months. My SO has gone with 4. Debbie was by far the best. She can easily gauge your level in order to ensure the maximum number of waves caught and enjoyed. Not to mention she is one of the most fun loving and genuine people I have met. She helped instill what I hope will be lifelong passion for the sport. Thanks Debbie!

Visited August 2012