“Great surf & great company” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 71 Activities in Jaco
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Daily Surf Lessons/Surf Camp Packages/Advance Surf Coaching. Certified Surf Instructors and lifeguards, 100% Costa Ricans! English/Spanish spoken. We have been teaching for over 8 years now, providing our students with supreme knowledge and safety, we are ranked within top 10 competitors of the National Surf Competitions. Why Dominical Surf Lessons? Because we are professional, responsible, patience and have the experience that you are looking for. LEARN RIGHT, LEARN WITH THE LOCALS!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
New York, New York, United States
“Great surf & great company”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

My husband and I visited Jaco in August 2012. We had some prior surf experience, having completed a 3 day surf camp in Hawaii in 2011. Debbie was the best surf instructor we could ask for. She picked us up from our hotel and brought us to the beach. She took the time to describe the differences between the Hawaiin and the Cost Rican surf. She saved our lives teaching us the pop-up and turtle dives to survive the bigger breaks, and under her tutelage I experienced my first drop and on our third day we were able to rent the boards and succesfully go out on our own. To top it all off, she acted part tour guide bringing us to a local breakfast spot and coffee shop. I give Debbie my highest recomendation and will defintiely call her the next time I'm in town.

Visited August 2012

Richmond Hill, Georgia
“First time Surfing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Debbie and her team are great surfing instructors! Our entire group had never surfed before so we were "first timers". We had great intro lessons and off we went to surf our first waves. We had an awesome time and what a great experience. Also, Debbie is a great person! In conversation, I learned that she gives back to her community and teaches children English in her off time. We will definitely look Debbie up when we return to Costa Rica!

Emporia, Virginia
“Surf Lesson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I recently spent two days in Jaco, Costa Rica and especially enjoyed eating at the Taco Bar near my hotel, and taking a beginner surf lesson with Dominical Surf Lessons. Debbie and Carlos provided me transportation, and gave me good instructions as well as making it fun. Flaco worked hard and helped me catch a lot of waves while keeping me safe and giving timely instructions. It was a nice experience. I like how the water stays shallow for a long way out and how the waves roll for a long time. I hope to get back to Costa Rica soon. Thanks!

Visited August 2012
West Hills, California, United States
“Debby and Esteban Rock!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We had a group of three surfers and two beginners. Debby had them up and surfing in a matter of minutes. Debby and her crew were excellent, you can't go wrong if you choose Dominical Surf Lessons. Esteban, our guide was not only knowledgeable about the surf but was also a wealth of information and knowledge about the Country, It's History, and activities. I highly recommend Debby and her staff.

Visited July 2012
debbiesurfergirl, Owner at Dominical Surf Lessons, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
:) WOW I have no words to thank your amazing review! Thanks thanks thanks... We are very happy that you all had a good time with us! That's our goal to introduce you to this amazing sport ut also to our lifestyle and share some of our country highlights.
The waves defenatily were on our side too! As always Jaco has great waves!
And your pictures are amazing!!! Upload some more heheheheh!
Pura Vida Kurt, hope to see you guys next year!

Debbie Zec
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
“First time surfing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

During a recent trip to Jaco, Costa Rica I had the opportunity to take two surf lessons with Dominical Surf Lessons. I am a beginner who had never gotten up on a surfboard. Debbie, Byron and Anthony were all great. Byron had me surfing on my first attempt!!! By the end of my first lesson I was surfing green waves. Everyone was very friendly which made the whole experience unforgettable! I would recommend Dominical Surf Lessons for anyone wanting personal one on one instruction with the best and friendliest instructors. Thanks guys for a great surfing experience!

Visited July 2012
debbiesurfergirl, Owner at Dominical Surf Lessons, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thanks Karl!!! We loved teaching you, it was great to see how fast you pick it up... hope you keep trying it back in USA... If you have any questions about surfboard size and that kinds of things remember we can still help you... there is no big distance with internet nowadays!
Regards,