We took our three "young adult" children to Jaco Beach over Christmas and stayed at the Palms. The view of the ocean and sunset was great. The condo was very nice, with two bedrooms and two baths, a nice balcony, and a well equipped kitchen. The staff was very accommodating and readily spoke English, though everyone in my family except myself spoke Spanish, so the language was never a problem. As for outings, the staff was very good at scheduling outings, such as zip lining, trips to national park, etc. There were two 24 hour security guards, one in the front and one in the back. I am still not sure whether this made me feel safer or not, as what was the underlying need? This brings me to my only concern. The location is almost at the northernmost part of Jaco Beach, which was a two edged sword-it is away from the busyness of the town, but when my "early 20s" kids went out in the evening, I was a little concerned for their safety, as they were leaving the well-guarded premises and it is something of a walk either through an unknown residential neighborhood or down a dark beach to get to town where the action was. However, my fears were unfounded, as there was never a problem. Of course, taxi service was also readily available to alleviate this concern, which is really a necessity when you are returning from a trip to the grocery store, laden with bags. All in all, we enjoyed our trip to Jaco Beach and our stay at the Palms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palms is a 34 unit tower that sits at the north end of Jaco Beach Costa Rica. Facing vast panoramas of the Central Pacific, this beachfront condominium project with spacious 2-bedroom, 3-bedroom units will make you feel like you are at home.The Palms modern architecture its sweeping ocean views promises the perfect setting for your vacation home. Enjoy the views from your terrace or while lounging in the beachfront pool. The Palms offers privacy in a luxurious environment so you may enjoy your Costa Rican vacation however you wish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Palms Jaco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Daystar At The Palms Hotel Jaco
- The Palms Jaco Costa Rica