“Great time/great staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Daystar Diamante del Sol

You added Daystar Diamante del Sol to your Saves list
Daystar Diamante del Sol
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Jaco centro el frente Plaza Coral, Jaco 61101, Costa Rica (Formerly Oceans Diamante del Sol)   |
Ranked #3 of 55 Specialty Lodging in Jaco
Chicago, Illinois
“Great time/great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I've been going to Jaco for a number of years, and have stayed at several of the upscale properties, but Diamante Del Sol is the best by far!

First, the property itself is in great shape. It is new, and the finishes in the condos are great. The pool is great, too, and of course, it is right on the beach. The surfing directly in front of the beach is for people a little bit more advanced than me, so we had to walk 10-15 minutes south to catch more forgiving waves. In addition, Jaco get can pretty rowdy at night. This spot is close enough to all the rowdiness, but is still set back enough that you can chill out if you don't want to take in the night life. I had two minor issues with the property - There was no area for storage of surfboards, so every night we had to bring surfboard up to the seventh floor and store them on the balcony (as opposed to leaving the surfboards near the pool area with security as I had done at other spots). Second, the beds were a bit lumpy.

The daystar staff, who managed the property, were EXCELLENT. Tatty is the primary contact person. She is responsive via email and telephone, and answers questions directly. She also gives good recommendations for activities and restaurants. More importantly, if there are concerns, she (and the rest of the staff) address the concerns immediately, and resolve the issues - I have had to make multiple calls at other spots to get small issues fixed -- (i.e. no hot water), but at Diamante Del Sol, the minor hiccups were addressed immediately by Tatty and her staff.

Finally, the price was excellent for the condo. Daystar was also very fair in pricing other services. For example, Daystar arranged the shuttle from the airport to the property at a cost of $100 -- this is $50 cheaper than the management company I used for the shuttle last year. Likewise, Daystar offered a fair price for the Jaco Canopy Tour (zip line), which was intense. I highly recommend this zip line instead of the Los Suenos zip line. The Jaco Canopy Tour provided the best views of town from the mountain, the zip lines were faster moving and higher up (which added to the fear/adrenaline factor),and it is closer to town than the Los Suenos zip line.

All in all, my vacation was fantastic, due to the condo and the management team. I will stay there again!

Room Tip: Stayed in vrbo.com listing # 292368. The unit was 3 bedroom, and the owner, Terrell was friendly, a...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
DaystarRentals, Guest Relations Manager at Daystar Diamante del Sol, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear James,

We appreciate your awesome review. We are going to work on those small issues you point out. We hope to see you back, soon. We are constantly improving and all our guests reviews help us to be the better spot in Jaco.

Pura vida!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Rochester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This was my first visit to Costa Rica and to Jacos Beach. I know that I will absolutely come back. The accommodations have everything possible that you would need. The Diamante' Del Sol condos are breathtaking. There is no need to stay anywhere else while visiting Jacos. My favorite view was sitting on the giant wraparound balcony looking out on the beach and ocean and listening to the waves so very calming and serene. I did have a problem when I first arrived to check in. But it was resolved quickly by Tatty Arguello who worked diligently and efficiently to assure that I could proceed with my vacation without any more interruptions. Tatty and her staff always greeted myself and my friend with smiles and were always ready and willing to answer our questions and always willing to help in any way. So to sum up my experience at the Diamante' Del Sol I cannot wait to return in the future:-)

Room Tip: Ask for 6th floor or higher with a view of the beach.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Debra,

We sincerely appreciate your beautiful review. Tatty and the rest of the staff was very pleased assisting you and your friend. We all can't wait to have you back.

Pura vida!
Spring Valley, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Staying at Daystar Diamante del Sol was an absolutely AMAZING experience! We were a group of 9 guys that stayed from September 12-16. Beginning with the service, every aspect of our stay was taken care of in a professional and delightful manner. Marcos, the driver of our airport transfer on the day we flew in, did an awesome job of explaining the culture and the history of Costa Rica and Jaco on our drive in. He answered any and every question we threw at him. The front desk at check-in was pleasant and smiling and made sure we were taken care of on our stay. Tatty was exceptionally nice as she communicated with us through email before we even came and gave us all the info we needed. She was also kind enough to offer us a ride one day to the place we were going to eat lunch -- real nice of her! On to the best part of it all -- the property! This is probably the nicest hotel/condo complex in town. From the outside, it looks newer than any other property in Jaco. On the inside, I don't think any property can touch the modernity and the cleanliness of the rooms. We stayed at one of the Penthouse suites on the 9th floor -- owned by Phil and Evelyn Share. The view from main living room area is breathtaking, where one side looks down on part of the town, while the other is looking at the beautiful Pacific Ocean. The waves of the ocean were remarkable to listen to when waking up in the morning. The kitchen was fully stocked when everything you needed. The furniture and decor were as modern as you could get. Everything was CLEAN! With 4 very spacious bedrooms and 5 bathrooms, we had no problem as 9 guys getting ready to go out. The place also included a washer/dryer, linens and towels, and everything you could imagine you needed. Bathrooms were awesome and LARGE! The property is located right in the center of town, literally walking distance to anywhere. All the nightclubs and restaurants are right at your convenience. If you can't walk, a cab ride is only $2 USD. I recommend Daystar Diamante del Sol to every single person that is going to visit Jaco! I know if I ever return, I am staying here again! Thank you Daystar!!!

Room Tip: For bachelor/bachelorette parties -- room S-902 is AMAZING!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

What a wonderful spot. Beautiful accomodations located on the beach with over 20 great restuarants within a 10 minute walk. We have visited several times and always find some new activity to try. Fishing, surfing, golf, monkey tours, nature tours, whitewater rafting, volcanos, or just hanging out at the pool all day and enjoying the sunset.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Vail, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Diamonte del Sol is like Manhattan on the Beach...the upscale white leather with ALL glass huge window/doors allows you to feel like you are on the ocean.

It is amazing...the pool is right on the ocean, and the views are exceptional from the higher rooms.

Giant wrap around balconies are perfect for an evening cocktail or an early coffee.

Room Tip: Choose above the 5 th floor to have the best views.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed at the Daystar in August and it was quite nice. Location you could not ask for better in my opinion walking distance to everything. The greeting we received was outstanding the staff and all of the help were great specially Fransisco the guard at the gate he was very helpful and always had a smile on his face. We did have a few problems but the staff was quick to respond except the hot water we never had hot water for the week were there which did not bother me because of the climate I enjoyed my cool showers but the wife was unhappy with this aspect this is the only reason I'm not giving this place a 5 star. We left some clothes there and they called us upon finding them and was nice enough to mail them to the US for me. we were on the 7th floor with spectacular views. So if your going to stay in Jaco I would recommend this place it is above your regular standards and the people there are great

Room Tip: the top floors are the best with ocean views
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and 2 teenagers stayed at Daystar between August 15 and 21. We are used to travelling several times a year in 5 star all inclusive resorts. We decided to try a different vacation by renting a condo. Best decision we ever made. We were greeted by Tatiana's and colleagues beautiful smiles and their suggestions of things to do in the area. Made us feel at home right away.Then we were directed to our condo which was a beautiful luxury condo with 3 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, a large kitchen and an amazing view on the Pacific. We felt right at home except for the view on the Pacific... The pool was welcomed when the ocean waves were too rough. We liked the fact the area was secured with 24 hour security and did not have to worry about our rental vehicle. Centrally located and close to all amenities. Great family vacation and by the way, great for all Facebookers and chatters as there was WIFi. We highly recommend Daystar.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jaco
Villa Caletas
#4 of 43 in Jaco
4.5 of 5 stars 322 reviews
Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort
BEST WESTERN Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort

Been to Daystar Diamante del Sol? Share your experiences!