Our family of six stayed at the Diamante del Sol in Jaco July 13-18, 2013 in a spacious 3-bedroom condo on the 5th floor. Our first reaction when we walked in was WOW. The unit was absolutely beautiful and the views were amazing. We were shocked to see that the unit also had 3 1/2 bathrooms, a large living/dining room area, a beautiful kitchen, and 3 balconies. The picture of the condo does not do it justice. What you see on the picture is exactly what you get, down to pictures on the wall. The view from the living/dining room area is breathtaking. The large patio doors and the tall ceilings gives you a view of the ocean that keeps you mesmerized. I found myself waking up at 5:30 in the morning to sit on the balcony to watch the surfers. If it wasn't for the family wanting to eat and hang out, I would have stayed on the balcony all day. The office staff is fantastic (especially Tatty - she's the best) and their response time for any issues or requests is quick and professional. The security staff is friendly and welcoming no matter how many times you come and go...you are always greeted with a smile. The beach area is steps away from the pool and the sunset over the mountains in the evening looks like a postcard. Our grown daughters and granddaughter had fun on their excursions (horseback riding and a crocodile tour). Our most favorite place to eat was Los Amigos (the red curry is awesome). It was so good, we went two days in a row. We had a rental car so we were able to drive around the country side at our leisure. I highly recommend Diamante del Sol if you're looking for a place with ocean views, direct beach access, luxury, and mountain views all in one place. I hope to go again one day but the memory of our trip will always be in my heart.
The Buchanan Family
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Diamante del Sol, it may be hard to decide where to start your perfect day... breakfast in bed followed by a walk on the beach, a massage and a book at your pool side cabana. The choices don't stop there... complete your day with an invigorating Canopy Tour or tranquil mountain horseback ride, savor fine foods and shops in town or watch from your balcony the sun set in shades of red and orange over the Pacific and make your plans for the next day in paradise.Whatever your desire, our Costa Rican hospitality and exquisite amenities await you. Enjoy the endless possibilities of another perfect day at Diamante del Sol. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Daystar Diamante del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Daystar Diamante Del Sol Hotel Jaco
- Daystar Diamante Del Sol Costa Rica/Jaco