My wife and I and sister and her husband spent 7 nights at Diamante del Sol. We had a two bedroom, 2 1/2 bath unit which was a good size for the four of us. The common half bath came in handy. We paid in advance except for a $600 balance which we were prepared to pay in cash on arrival. When we checked in we were told there was over $1200 balance due, which caused us more than a little concern. It was quickly resolved and we paid the $600 balance. The condo was as we expected initially. Lots of granite, marble and stainless steel. Very nice. We soon learned that there was not enough seating in the living room for 3 people. There was a loveseat and one comfortable chair. We had to bring a chair in from the patio furniture for the fourth person. We were told housekeeping would come every other day but they only came once, on the second day. We had already run out of toilet paper so I asked the housekeeper to leave extra, which she said she did. We ran out of toilet tissue again a few days later and discovered she had left no extra toilet paper. When we tried to call for more, no one answered the phones at the front desk or security. So, we ended up making a trip out to find a place to buy toilet paper. I dont understand the deal about scrimping on toilet paper. You'd think for over $340 a night they could afford to stock a few spare rolls. One of the elevators stopped working on the second day and was not returned to service when we left 5 days later. There were numerous power outages which resulted in a tripped circuit breaker. The first time it happened there was no answer at the front desk so we ended up groping around in the dark until we found the faulty breaker for the bedrooms. The ice maker was sporatic and the last few days only dispensed crushed ice, which made it difficult for it to keep up with demand. We had a last-minute change in travel plans so were required to leave the condo in the morning before staff would be available to inventory the condo prior to our departure. The front desk made an appointment to inventory the condo at 4:00 P.M. the day before we left. So we hung around until 4:45, but no one showed up. We called the front desk and were advised there was no one available, "so just leave the keys in the room in the morning." A phone call before 4:00 would have been the courteous thing to do if they weren't going to show. We don't make it a habit of spending $350 a night for lodging but, if this is what $350 will buy, we'll go back to staying at Best Westerns. There is a very nice one a couple of blocks north of Diamante del Sol.
- Also Known As:
- Daystar Diamante Del Sol Hotel
- Daystar Diamante Del Sol Hotel Jaco
- Daystar Diamante Del Sol Costa Rica/Jaco
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Diamante del Sol, it may be hard to decide where to start your perfect day... breakfast in bed followed by a walk on the beach, a massage and a book at your pool side cabana. The choices don't stop there... complete your day with an invigorating Canopy Tour or tranquil mountain horseback ride, savor fine foods and shops in town or watch from your balcony the sun set in shades of red and orange over the Pacific and make your plans for the next day in paradise.Whatever your desire, our Costa Rican hospitality and exquisite amenities await you. Enjoy the endless possibilities of another perfect day at Diamante del Sol. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Daystar Diamante del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.