“Back in town” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Parrilla Argentina Jaco Aberdeen Angus

Parrilla Argentina Jaco Aberdeen Angus
Avenida Pastor Diaz, continuo al edificio rojo, frente a la Pops Jaco Centro | Playa Jaco, Jaco 1000, Costa Rica
506 2643 3153
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Boquete, Panama
“Back in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My GF and I were back in town for a short while and we had heard that Bruno, whom was formally at Pili Pili, was now at La Parrilla. I must say that initially I wasn't too thrilled about this because my previous experiences there were more negative than positive in regards to the service provided. The food was OK before but not worth the while considering the lack of service. I understand the slower pace Latin American style, but it was unbearable.

Obviously the management had been made aware of this within the last 4 years because the staff was awesome this time around, and coupled with Bruno's style it had definitely come a long, long way. Our mesera was super funny and had great tongue n cheek humor! The location (at the only real intersection in Jaco at the end on Pop's Rd and C/Principal) is ideal for people watching and taking in a few glasses--OK a bottle of red wine. It's nice to see the improvements made. Hopefully they continue in this direction.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
lauramadridcr, General Manager at Parrilla Argentina Jaco Aberdeen Angus, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
We enjoyed your review so much, thank you to shared your experience!!! And come back again soon!

85% Recommend
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Divine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

All the food we ordered there was legit and I mean everything. Steak, lobster, mahi, empanadas, calamari, and sweet breads. Man nothing disappointed. I normally don't eat sweet breads, but they do it right and if you don't know what it is then don't look it up, just order it! Great app! The service was top notch and the chef in the back looked like an artist tasting and plating the food. If you get a chance take a look at how the food is grilled. There is a fire pit on the side that houses the wood which is then shoveled under the grill. The grill itself is raised and lowered so the ashes from the wood don't accidentally touch. You'll find that the prices aren't cheap, but you get what you pay for here...you won't be disappointed! We ate like kings!

Visited August 2013
Satellite Beach, Florida
“Amazing food and service in Jaco! Best in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I we eat out often and this place is incredible - cant go wrong. French chef and staff are focused on delivering a fabulous experience... Go and enjoy!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
West Coast
“Poor Service, Overpriced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I came here by myself to enjoy a couple of glasses of wine and some good argentinian food. I was pretty disappointed. It took 15 minutes for the server to come to my table after barely greeting me on the way to another table. I understand if you are busy, but as a server I know that a priority is at least greeting a customer at the door, and if too busy at the moment, letting them know that you'll be with them asap. Did not get that all. This set the tone for the rest of the meal. I was totally put on the back burner (maybe cause I was flying solo and wasn't spending as much which pissed me off more).
I was super psyched about eating argentinian food. I chose the chicken milenasa. After having lived in Argentina for a couple of years, I was eager to see what a fine dining restaurant would do to an otherwise pretty standard dish. Milenasa is essentially breaded and flattened chicken, kind of like a big chicken strip, and considered a typical,pretty cheap meal in Argentina. For paying 8,000 colones, I was expecting some really different and inventive take on the chicken milenasa.
I wasn't impressed. I mean, it was good. Breaded and fried chicken is always good. But for 8.000 colones, pretty disappointing. It was served with really bland mashed potatoes.
This all being said, there were some highlights. I believe the owner (the other woman working) brought out a chef's tasting of some sort of smoked salmon on a toasted cracker. That was awesome. The chimchurri sauce is really good.
Honestly, I'll probably give this place another try as I think I really ordered the wrong thing and maybe caught the server on a busy, poor day (based on other reviews). That being said, I entered the place and left the place pretty pissed, which hasn't been my experience at any of the other fine dining places in Jaco. Prioritize Graffitti and the Green Room over this place, in my opinion.

Visited July 2013
lauramadridcr, Gerente at Parrilla Argentina Jaco Aberdeen Angus, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Jess, I'm so sorry to know that you are dissapointment with our service. This day one of our waitresses was ill, so we were running a little slow. Thank you for telling us your thoughtst about the prices, we are preparing the new menu and we are going to pay attention to that.
Im glad to read that you are going to give us a second chance, we hope you come back soon.
Coconut Creek, Florida
“Great steak in the heart of Jaco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Chef Bruno (lately of Peli Peli) has moved to Aberdeen Angus. It is a breakfast and lunch place by day, but at night it turns into one of the best restaurants you will find. As always, the chef has nightly specials that use the freshest ingredients found that day. Many of the dishes feature South African cuisine with interesting sauces and flavors you won't find anywhere else. The staff is friendly and you have a view of Jaco walking by on the sidewalk.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much for your review!!! Hope to see you again soon