“Great time and a great tour guide!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 61 activities in Jaco
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Adventure Tours Costa Rica is the premiere adventure operator in Jaco Beach & Los Sueños, Costa Rica specializing in ATV tours and adrenaline tours/vacations to provide the ultimate experience and service for your adventure vacation. Compliment your holiday getaway with our selection of adventure including: ATV, Canopy, White Water Rafting, Surfing, Sport Fishing, Horseback Riding and day trips to Tortuga Island and Manual Antonio.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
“Great time and a great tour guide!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

We had a great time in the Rhino. Saw some awesome sights! The little soda we visited was excellent. The lady who runs it was a pleasant surprise. Thanks to our tour guide who toolbox there!!!

Austin, Texas
“Awesome tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I drove a Rhino with my two sons (ages 11 and 9). We took the three-hour tour, as opposed to the two-hour and four-hour ones that are offered. Kine was our guide. At first, I was concerned that my kids wouldn't enjoy the experience because they couldn't (because of their young ages) drive a vehicle, but Kine made the tour challenging and exciting for them in other ways. I enjoyed the sheer beauty of the terrain and vistas (and the fun of driving that thing!). I think my children loved the bumpy ride and the remote trails. However, it was the treacherous and challenging climb up a rope (Batman-style) to get to the waterfall that we all loved the most. Kine encouraged us to climb to heights and do things safely that we might otherwise not have tried. He was great with my kids and immediately established a fun-loving, yet respectful rapport with them. The proverbial cherry on top was the stop at Dona Marta's for a rustic and delicious Costa Rican dish that I washed down with a cold local beer. It was interesting for us all to see how the locals in the mountains lived (as we passed a few houses) after spending most of our vacation on the beach. I overheard someone ask my kids how they liked the tour later that evening. I was so glad to hear them (uncharacteristically) respond with a resounding, "AWESOME!" You don't want to miss this tour!

Syracuse, New York
11 attraction reviews
“PRO/CON - Best ATV Tour in Costa Rica w/ Majestic Views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Intro: This was our first ATV experience and first tour attraction in Jaco. We did the 2-Hour ATV tour within minutes of arriving in the city.

PRO
-Service - Excellent bilingual service, they accommodated our request for a 2 hour tour at the last minute.

-Discounts!!! Reduced price if you pay cash AND/OR book multiple tours

-Guides - Our guide was fantastic. He taught us how to maneuver and drive our ATVs which was especially important when climbing the steep Jaco mountain to get to the panoramic view. They are very patient and keep your safety as a top priority.

-View - Stunning view from the mountain top. Excellent opportunity for beautiful pictures.

-Safety - Helmets, masks, goggles, included.

CON
-Dangerous if you have no idea how to drive! Young children may have issues

-Dusty. As expected on an ATV, be sure to not wear anything you don't want dirty.

Otherwise no negative comments for this tour

TIPS
-Pay cash
-Wear shorts
-Bring sunscreen/camera

CONCLUSION
Highly Recommend. A fantastic experience. The 2hour tour is great for a quick view of Jaco from above.

If you have any questions, please message me. And as always safe travels! Pura Vida!

Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“Capt Neil”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This was the second trip with Adventure tours in Jaco. I am the Capt of a private yacht and I am usually the one that sets up outside trips from the yacht. I would highly recommend Atv adventure tours. The entire execution of the trip from start to finish was extremely well done. This group is very safety minded. The people working the office to the actual guides themselves are all very personable making your experience a true memory. The waterfalls, the views from the mountains are all great. Everyone had a great time. We will be back soon!

Grand Rapids, Michigan
“ATV with Waterfall tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

This is a must do when in Jaco Beach, Costa Rica. This is one of the most memorable days we had while on vacation. The tour guides Nelson and Alan are the best! Not only did they show us the way, we had a lot of fun with them, it was a great experience having two personalities like theirs. The equipment was in really good condition and very easy to ride for novice riders. DO NOT SKIP THIS TOUR!

Visited February 2013