“great sushi spot” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tsunami Sushi

Tsunami Sushi
Av Pator Diaz between Calles Las Olas & Bohio | Second floor of the Galeone Mall, Jaco, Costa Rica
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 93 Restaurants in Jaco
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Alabama, United States
“great sushi spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Great spot overlooking the town of Jaco. I knocked off a star because a man from the street came upstairs inside the restraunt and over to our table to try to sell/make us a grass-woven crown. He amused us, but we would rather have spoken with him on the street, not at our table while we were trying to eat. Other than that, food and service was great.

Visited May 2012

88% Recommend
Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
“Creative!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I really enjoyed the sushi. The fish was fresh and the presentation creative. The first time I went there I made the mistake of taking advice from people I learned weren't really into sushi when they steered me toward rolls that were sweet and cooked (not my preference) . When I went back again and ordered what looked good on the menu - I loved it!

Visited November 2012
Herradura, Costa Rica
“Relaxed Sushi Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We were craving sushi and after hearing a good rec from a local, decided to try here. We were seated right away, near the window. Ordered drinks and then miso soup and three sushi rolls to split. Lots of food, very filling. Service was quick and good, and the sushi and soup were average. Loved the ambiance, music played, and location of the restaurant. Would recommend.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Co
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I eat out at a lot of sushi places and was disappointed with the Tsunami Sushi experience. I was hoping for more, but the service is very bad. Nobody stops and says anything when entering, drinks are slow and nobody seems to know or care that you are there. I'm pretty low maintenance too. The sushi is average. Place seems tired and living off there half off Wednesday deals.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
rutherford new jerser
“sushi in jaco”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

it was okay if you dont see an asian with a knife hard to impress or compare as we have so many great sushi places here. would not do sushi again here. would rather go to typical soda

Visited January 2013