Casa Ponte was seriously fabulous!!! My husband and I had never been to Costa Rica, and we traveled there with 7 other couples. Here are a few things that you need to know if you're traveling to Casa Ponte:
1. You will have two housekeepers that come around 7AM and leave at 4PM. You do not have to do your own dishes!
2. You will have full-time "ATTENTIVE" security.
3. There is a "handyman/poolboy" at Casa Ponte all day every day.
4. Captain Josh Foster is the BEST concierge (excursion planner/weatherman/fisherman) you could ever ask for!
5. A private chef is inexpensive and SOOO worth it. I recommend the "traditional Costa Rican dinner" at some point during your stay. Superb, and I am a FOOD SNOB!
6. Listen to Josh, and buy your liquor at the airport. It is HIGH dollar in Jaco.
7. The local products of Costa Rica are outstanding. The vegetables and fruits are amazingly fresh and yummy. The coffee (even the cheap kind) is wonderful. The packaged items (chips, cheese, lunch meat, bread) are all similar if not better than the US (if that's your location of origin). Buy local, you'll safe a ton of money!
8. You have internet at Casa Ponte!
9. You have a phone that is free for calls to and from the US!
10. Unfortunately, there is one bedroom out of the 8 that is difficult to get to and not so nice, but the others are AMAZING with spectacular views. Also, only plan to have kids and young people stay in the loft if you are using it. You must be able to climb very small spiral stairs to get there (not good post-cocktails).
11. Take your own shampoo and soap (there will be laundry detergent, hand soap, cleaning products and dishwashing soap at the house)
12. Take a beach towel. There are plenty of towels for use at the house, but I recommend taking your own to the beach (as the house towels are not beach-towel size).
13. Jaco is a surfer's paradise. Don't expect to lay out on the sand (as it is rocky and dirty). It's quite pretty and unique, but it's not a white sand, clear water kind of beach. I recommend laying out at one of the two pools at the house instead.
14. You CAN see the ocean from Casa Ponte!
15. There are two pools and two hot tubs, several outdoor lounging/ hang out spaces, 2 pool tables and 2 kitchens!
16. Book ALL excursions and transportation through Josh. He makes everything easy, first class and reasonable (price-wise). Must see/do: Manuel Antonio, Vista Los Suenos Zip Lining, shopping in Jaco!
17. Rainy season does NOT mean rain ALL THE TIME. It means rain in the late afternoon and pleasantly warm weather.
18. Plan to have some time at the house. We left wishing we had been there more.
19. You will fall in LOVE with the people of Costa Rica and Casa Ponte!
- Also Known As:
- Casa Ponte Hotel Jaco
- Casa Ponte Costa Rica/Jaco