“Great Vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Morgan's Cove Resort & Casino

Save Saved
You added Morgan's Cove Resort & Casino to your Saves list
Morgan's Cove Resort & Casino
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   150mts de la municipalidad de Jaco, Jaco 61101, Costa Rica   |
Special Rate
Best Deal on Jaco Beach
Ranked #21 of 42 Hotels in Jaco
jeanpari
“Great Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

The grounds are beautiful with a few iguanas that call the hotel home. They are amazing to see and do not harm anyone. The hotel itself has an amazing and helpful staff. The manager, Jose, is extremely nice and took great care of us. The food is delicious and all natural. The rooms are comfortable and meet all the needs for your stay. The housekeeper usually leaves a lovely towel animal every time she cleans for a nice touch. The views of the mountain are real nice and there are also macaws that call it home in one of their trees. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone for a relaxing vacation.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Massachusettes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

We found this hotel online and were pleasantly surprised at how great the service was. At check in there was a mix up with our room and the hotel manager upgraded us to a beach side suite without hesitation and they even threw in the breakfast buffet for the our troubles. We never got to see the regular rooms but the ocean side villas were great. Every morning I ran the beach and then swam in the oceanside pool just outside my door. We had heard mixed reviews about Jaco being crazy but this place was just far enough from the craziness of Downtown Jaco to not hear the city life but close enough to cab it every where when it was time to go out. Service at this hotel was incomparable with the rest of the hotels in Jaco (our last vacation here was a disaster at another chain hotel and left much to be desired). A nice little river runs parallel to the hotel and come high tide it merges with the ocean waves creating a very nice wave effect into the river mouth. The hotel bar and restaurant sit beachfront and almost every evening a pair of scarlet macaws joined us for dinner (they seemed to love the almond trees). The restaurant food was amazing and the first night there the chef even came out to greet us and ask how the food was! I was later told by a fellow from long island, ny that the hotel was under new management and has one of the best restaurants in town. Be prepared to be surrounded by the native animals here as the grounds have many iguanas running loose. Many as big as my terrier back home! My husband had never seen an iguana and loved it. All in all its a great place to getaway! p.s. Bring sunblock as the sun was a beast!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

This is not the ritz. But it's clean, the grounds are really well kept and the staff are great. Personally I would say the place had charm. The reason I'm taking time to write this review is because of the customer service I got. I booked a few rooms for a bachelor party. At the last moment, some of the guys cancelled and I didn't need one of the rooms. But I had already made the reservations and paid. When I got down there, I told them the situation and asked if they would let me off the hook for the room. THEY DID! The guy thought about it for a minute and then opened the cash register and gave me the money right there. If that's not worth positive feedback, I don't know what is.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Franklin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2007

I stayed July 1st through July 3rd.

The hotel was under renovations, so it was not nice at all.

The first night we checked in at about 4pm. We (my husband, me and the kids) went into the room and put our bags there and spent the day swimming and playing with the kids. After dinner we left the kids in the room with my mother.
We returned to the room late and went to sleep on top of the sheets. Around 3am, I got cold and went to get under the sheets, and found there was old meat there!! It looked like some kind of seafood or chicken. I'm not sure exactly what it was!!

I went to complain at that time and they changed our room. The manager on duty came to see the room and he was very sympathetic. Then the guest service manager was suppose to contact us and never did. On July 3rd before we left, we went to find the guest service manager "Alex", but he was not around. We left him a message to contact us. Finally after waiting 2 days he called us to go see him at the front desk. He insinuated that maybe my kids might have left the meat there. He said that the maid told him that it was "hot dogs". I asked him if he had seen what it was and he said no. It surprised me because the night manager agreed with me that it was OLD meat and looked like it could have been lobster. It was orangy looking nothing like hot dogs. Nothing nice!!

I was surprised that instead of the manager being sympathetic he was defensive and reluctant to believe this. He did give me 50% off that night, since we took advantage of all the extra ameneties INCLUDED in the ROOM rate. I would NEVER stay there again. This has Never occured to me before at any other hotel in Costa Rica. I was dissapointed because I hadn't been to Costa Rica in a while and wanted to spend a nice relaxing vacation somewhere nice.

• Liked — restaurant was nice and staff was friendly and helpful.
  • Disliked — ROOM- cleanliness
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
lakeronkonkoma,new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2006

took my 3rd trip to costa rica and stayed at this hotel and the rooms were just great and the comp breakfest was excellent and the waiters were very polite.Paul Goehring.P.S>. I have a new e-mail address.

• Stayed March 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2006

I made two trips to Jaco and I found the service excellent and the rooms were clean and I would recommend this hotel to all my friends,and Iam planning a 3rd trip to Jaco and I plan to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2004

My husband & I visited Jaco in 2002 & stayed at this resort. We originally were going to stay there for one night, but ended up staying for an entire week! We loved the fact that we could jump in the pool about 2 steps from our room door, and it was a 1 minute walk to the beach. We were there during non-tourist season, so there were few other guests staying there & we got personal attention, which was incredible for only paying about $40.00 American dollars a night! All of the employees, from the front desk to the bartenders, the maids & the guards, were pleasant & made our stay quite comfortable. I felt very safe staying there. I would recomend Fiesta to anyone venturing to Jaco without a second thought!

Been to Morgan's Cove Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!