This is primarily about the restaurant at Morgan's cove. Ate there last night, and we both loved the meal. The place had essentially no crowd, but, you gotta understand that it was midweek past the busy season and beginning of the off season. Food was outstanding, service was excellent. Since the motel was not fully booked, they prepared our meal from scratch as we waited. Took a little longer than usual, and our server was apologetic about the delay, but....it was cooked to order and brought out fresh and hot. It wasn't until we finished our meal that we discovered that we could have eaten at the bar. Several other guests arrived as we ate, had a drink or few, and ordered their meal. We joined them at the bar, and had a blast. The owner or manager was there during the evening. We had fun just hanging around. Only about 8 or 10 people, and a night that was waiting for another rainstorm. A good place to be on a Thursday nite. Outstanding view from the restaurant. We watched the lagoon and the ocean. The birds swoop the lagoon constantly, fishing. You can watch the combers roll in even on a moonless night. Crashing waves make for excellent dinner music. Good food, and reasonable prices. Neither of us could finish our meals, so you know there's plenty served.
It is our regret that we didn't say at Morgan's Cove during our trip. The place is very well kept, modern, and attractive. Right on the beach. It is not in the downtown area, but located on the south end of Jaco Beach, just a short trip in to town, only a two or three dollar cab ride. Nice pool, great views of the ocean, mountains and the lagoon. I'm not sure you can beat the place for the price. Having read reviews, they seem to be kind of harsh about MC. It is not an all inclusive place, and not a mega-luxury resort. But, we've stayed in many different establishments in Jaco over the past few years, and this on looks to be about the most attractive looking establishment around, especially considering room rates. We'll be back here next year, and this is where we'll stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Morgan’s Cove Resort & Casino located Beach Front in the quaint surf town of Jaco, Costa Rica. This bustling seaside village has restaurants, clubs, bars, casinos, and gift shops making it the most popular destination in all of Costa Rica. Adventures within minutes from the Resort include Sport Fishing, Zip Line Tours through rain forest Canopy, ATV tours, Horse Back Riding, Surfing, Golfing, River Rafting and Hiking the most popular Parks of Costa Rica, Carrera and Manuel Antonio National Parks. Relaxing around the two pools or sun tanning on the warm sand of the Pacific Ocean are a favorite past time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Morgan's Cove Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Morgan`s Cove Resort And Casino
- Morgan`s Cove Hotel Jaco
- Morgan's Cove Resort & Casino Costa Rica/Jaco