My wife and I go the Living Social deal and went down in mid July which is the very beginning of the 'rainy season'. It would rain for 30 min or so most days, 1 night it stormed. So be aware of that if you want to travel to Jaco in September or October it might be raining a lot.
The grounds were really nice and well maintained. The staff was 90% great. The rooms are basic hotel rooms and that is just fine with us, especially when we figured we were getting room and all-inclusive meals for $100 a night.
If you get an all-inclusive deal, just be aware that it is a limited menu for that part of the deal. The dinner menu typically consists of 2 options for appetizer/entree with 1 option for dessert. There is a full menu there also if you choose to order off of that. Breakfast was the same menu each day and had many good options. We usually were off property and sight-seeing for lunch. I will say that the food on the all-inclusive menu was VERY VERY GOOD. And it does change each day. So you do get some variety.
The owner is really nice. He is approachable and usually sitting at the bar each night. We had some nice chats with him and when we were in a bind getting back to the airport he took us himself. Now that is someone who wants to do right by his customers.
The town itself is really nice. Lots of shops. It took a $3 cab ride to get to town. If you wanted, you could walk as well. We also tried some of the restaurants in town and they were very good! For excursions we went to Manuel Antonio Park which is about 80 min away I believe. It was really nice. We had a personal driver which was cheaper than most places charge for a group rate. Facebook me if you want his contact info.
Also we went zip-lining and on a day cruise to a touristy island to hang out for a day. It was a very fun trip and we would definitely go back.
- Also Known As:
- Morgan`s Cove Hotel Jaco
- Morgan`s Cove Hotel
- Morgan`s Cove Resort And Casino
- Morgan's Cove Resort & Casino Costa Rica/Jaco
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Morgan’s Cove Resort & Casino located Beach Front in the quaint surf town of Jaco, Costa Rica. This bustling seaside village has restaurants, clubs, bars, casinos, and gift shops making it the most popular destination in all of Costa Rica. Adventures within minutes from the Resort include Sport Fishing, Zip Line Tours through rain forest Canopy, ATV tours, Horse Back Riding, Surfing, Golfing, River Rafting and Hiking the most popular Parks of Costa Rica, Carrera and Manuel Antonio National Parks. Relaxing around the two pools or sun tanning on the warm sand of the Pacific Ocean are a favorite past time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Morgan's Cove Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.