We went to Morgan's Cove on a Living Social voucher. We are a family of five, with 2 grandparents, a young couple and their 3 year old. Management got us adjoining rooms, and even got us the king size bed we requested. It was off season, so the place was not busy. We found the staff very accomodating, pleasant and helpful. Sometimes the waiters didn't bring exactly what we had ordered, (when they were out of something), but they would bring something similar for us to try. The beach was too rocky and the current too strong for swimming, so thank goodness for the 2 adult pools and the 2 kiddie pools. Instead of using the beach we went on several excursions.
Every excursion the staff recommended was run by very professional, prompt people. The minivans to transport us to the excursions were comfortable, safe and air conditioned. We did the guided tour of the jungle one day; the Tortuga Island Catamaran sailing; and the horseback ride to a waterfall. They were all arranged by the staff at Morgan's Cove.
That being said, the rooms were not Marriott Hotel quality, but they were clean. The word "shabby chic" comes to mind. The towels were small, but again, clean. The blue pool towels were replaced as often as needed. There were several pillows on our bed, each with a different density. You are sure to find one that makes you happy. Our air conditioners were a life saver, as we went during the hot, steamy "veranito". The resort grounds were immaculate; someone was always raking leaves, sweeping the parking lot or cleaning the pools.
There is a modern market walking distance from the resort, as well as numerous eateries ranging from where the locals eat, to a Subway sandwich shop, to fancier, more expensive places. Taxis are easy to spot with their bright red color if you overestimate your stamina.
We had the hotel send a car to pick us up at the airport, and it was worth the money. I doubt we would have found our own way with the spotty signage on the roads. Also, gas is sold by the liter in Costa Rica. When we visited gas was just shy of $6 a gallon! Plus there are several tolls on the way there. Our driver waited around for an extra hour - thank God - because no one got the message that we were put on a different flight than the original. It was such a relief to see the huge sign with our name on it when we finally arrived.
We had a great time, at a great price. The Living Social voucher was a terrific find. I would absolutely recommend it. Go with a group if possible, it will multiply your fun!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Morgan’s Cove Resort & Casino located Beach Front in the quaint surf town of Jaco, Costa Rica. This bustling seaside village has restaurants, clubs, bars, casinos, and gift shops making it the most popular destination in all of Costa Rica. Adventures within minutes from the Resort include Sport Fishing, Zip Line Tours through rain forest Canopy, ATV tours, Horse Back Riding, Surfing, Golfing, River Rafting and Hiking the most popular Parks of Costa Rica, Carrera and Manuel Antonio National Parks. Relaxing around the two pools or sun tanning on the warm sand of the Pacific Ocean are a favorite past time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Morgan's Cove Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Morgan`s Cove Hotel Jaco
- Morgan`s Cove Resort And Casino
- Morgan's Cove Resort & Casino Costa Rica/Jaco