Overall not a terrible place to be but I don't think it's worth the money. I had problems with the toilet not draining at 8pm and the desk told me that the maintenance staff were not there at night. We had an all inclusive package and the food wasn't that great. One night we splurged and paid a decent amount for a really great meal and ordered off the menue. HOwever, between the school group that took over one area of the dining area, and the bar that has a manager of some sort that yells at the staff and smoke cigars while you're trying to eat it's kinda hard to find a comfortable place to eat. The staff and the kitchen manager are all very friendly and helpful. The service is pretty slow though and either they don't have enough servers/bartenders or they're not well enough trained. There are times when the bar isn't manned at all.
The photos on the website oversell it a little. Thin sheets that you can see the mattress through, lack of chairs by the pool etc are features that definitely need upgrading. We had quite a few cockroaches in our room. Our room had AC but it only pointed down so it didn't cool the whole room very well.
Aside from all this, the hotel is kind of away from Jaco and all the activities there. You would need to have a car, take a cab or walk a distance (which could be nice - but not in the rainy season).
Overall, not too much good to say about this place. It is a safe gated community. The pool bar with limited supplies was nice, but had very limited hours. It is a pretty place and the grounds people do a really nice job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Morgan’s Cove Resort & Casino located Beach Front in the quaint surf town of Jaco, Costa Rica. This bustling seaside village has restaurants, clubs, bars, casinos, and gift shops making it the most popular destination in all of Costa Rica. Adventures within minutes from the Resort include Sport Fishing, Zip Line Tours through rain forest Canopy, ATV tours, Horse Back Riding, Surfing, Golfing, River Rafting and Hiking the most popular Parks of Costa Rica, Carrera and Manuel Antonio National Parks. Relaxing around the two pools or sun tanning on the warm sand of the Pacific Ocean are a favorite past time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Morgan's Cove Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Morgan`s Cove Resort And Casino
- Morgan`s Cove Hotel Jaco
- Morgan's Cove Resort & Casino Costa Rica/Jaco