We visited Jaco Beach in March and stayed at Morgan's Cove for one week. I'll start with the "bad," which really isn't all that bad in my books but is the reality of the place. If you're looking for all night clubbing, five star resort accommodations, or gourmet food, you're going to be sorely disappointed. But I personally think if you're looking for that in Costa Rica, you might as well be in any 5 star in the world.
The charm in Morgan's Cove is in the 30 second walk to the beach, or the short walk down the shore to town. I dislike giant resorts with highrise hotels, so the small property and quiet evenings were great for us. If you want nightlife, you can walk to town, but it's peaceful when you want peace and quiet. The food isn't fantastic, but you won't starve. The staff are friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean, not glamorous. You're central to Jaco and an hour's drive to Manuel Antonio park, which is a must-do day trip. You can go ziplining, boating, fishing, snorkeling, hiking, biking... whatever you want is close by. There are beautiful birds singing when you wake up in the morning and a crocodile hangs out behind the main bar building in the river... it's real Costa Rica.
If you're super picky, you probably won't like Morgan's Cove. But if you want to actually experience Costa Rica and maybe be able to afford to do it more often, this place does the job just fine. We had a great time with the other guests, felt safe walking around even at night, and won't hesitate to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Morgan’s Cove Resort & Casino located Beach Front in the quaint surf town of Jaco, Costa Rica. This bustling seaside village has restaurants, clubs, bars, casinos, and gift shops making it the most popular destination in all of Costa Rica. Adventures within minutes from the Resort include Sport Fishing, Zip Line Tours through rain forest Canopy, ATV tours, Horse Back Riding, Surfing, Golfing, River Rafting and Hiking the most popular Parks of Costa Rica, Carrera and Manuel Antonio National Parks. Relaxing around the two pools or sun tanning on the warm sand of the Pacific Ocean are a favorite past time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Morgan's Cove Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Morgan`s Cove Hotel Jaco
- Morgan`s Cove Resort And Casino
- Morgan's Cove Resort & Casino Costa Rica/Jaco