Let's start by saying, that I have travelled a lot to mostly three star places so I can easily compare this to the others. I have to say that I loved Costa Rica! It was fabulous, and we didn't stay at the resort unless to sleep or unwind. I booked with Nolitours and explained that I would take any room besides the ones looking at a parking lot. When I got to the resort, guess what room I got? I have to say, they quickly changed our room after I complained. Rooms are not cleaned unless you ask, they don't give out the shampoo/conditioner unless you ask, you have to ask to change your sheets. Ask again if you want water, and they are small bottles, if you want a big bottle, its like asking them to remove their right hand. Doesn't make sense since larger bottles are cheaper. They say its saving on the environment, I say its being cheap. They have no problem running high powered electricity 24 hours a day. Tipping doesn't seem to matter here, we tipped, but still got sour looks. The employes except for one, don't look happy. In fact they are miserable, giving sour looks if you ask them for anything. The food is alright, but its the same exact thing every day. Rice, fried hotdogs, one choice of lettuce, two choices of fruit and fried plantains. The owner sits at the bar every evening and smokes cigars, and drinks. He does not manage but basically entertains his friends and hangs out. Like I said, I love Jaco Beach and would go back again, but if I'm writing a review, people should be aware of what to expect. This resort is in the perfect spot, and so close to Jaco city. This resort could be wonderful, if it was managed better and the food was a little better. Yes, I have stayed at three stars before, but it certainly makes a difference to get a smile, or have people who work there enjoy working.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Morgan’s Cove Resort & Casino located Beach Front in the quaint surf town of Jaco, Costa Rica. This bustling seaside village has restaurants, clubs, bars, casinos, and gift shops making it the most popular destination in all of Costa Rica. Adventures within minutes from the Resort include Sport Fishing, Zip Line Tours through rain forest Canopy, ATV tours, Horse Back Riding, Surfing, Golfing, River Rafting and Hiking the most popular Parks of Costa Rica, Carrera and Manuel Antonio National Parks. Relaxing around the two pools or sun tanning on the warm sand of the Pacific Ocean are a favorite past time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Low Cost Holidays, Otel and Odigeo so you can book your Morgan's Cove Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Morgan`s Cove Hotel Jaco
- Morgan`s Cove Resort And Casino
- Morgan's Cove Resort & Casino Costa Rica/Jaco