We loved Morgan's Cove and would highly recommend it to anyone wishing to spend their days exploring Costa Rica and their evenings/nights in a clean, safe and peaceful resort. Not for anyone who wants to spend a week in a resort-bubble being pampered and eating 5 star meals for sure, but a perfect place for a comfortable room, good fresh meals, a gorgeous sunset, great pools, yummy drinks and and a cool public Costa Rican beach! Check-in was the easiest we have ever seen: One person handed you a drink, another put on your bracelet, another asked your name, gave you your key and pointed you in the direction of your room. Took about one minute to check in...perfect! The Costa Rican beer was great, the wine was FuZion from Argentina (which is sold here at LCBO) and all of the mixed drinks were blended in front of you, not coming out of a machine like other larger resorts. The meals were fine, fresh, varied, and served by resort staff at the buffet, so there was none of the buffet-trough gluttonous feelings of larger establishments. The small resort feel was great. Most visitors spent their days on tours, or independent travel, and would exchange stories in the evenings. We loved the ATV tours booked privately in Jaco, which was an easy 15 minute walk away. Fine walking around the town of Jaco in the day - no worries at all. Lots fun and affordable local crafts for souvenirs/gifts. Crocodile living 10 metres from the open air restaurant was just a cool bonus. Lots of dogs everyone (from owners' dogs at the bars as mentioned by another visitor, to mutts catching frizbee on the beach). Local boys playing "football" in the dark wet sand, surfers etc...etc... you really felt like you were in Costa Rica - not just at a resort. Water was clear and super warm...we were wary of the rip tides however and were careful. We travelled as two couples. All of us like to try new places and have travelled extensively, but all have agreed that we would return to Costa Rica as there is so much to see. Had so much more fun that trips to the Carribean. Morgan's Cove was excellent and made it so affordable - full of Canadians too! Highly recommended - especially for the price!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Morgan’s Cove Resort & Casino located Beach Front in the quaint surf town of Jaco, Costa Rica. This bustling seaside village has restaurants, clubs, bars, casinos, and gift shops making it the most popular destination in all of Costa Rica. Adventures within minutes from the Resort include Sport Fishing, Zip Line Tours through rain forest Canopy, ATV tours, Horse Back Riding, Surfing, Golfing, River Rafting and Hiking the most popular Parks of Costa Rica, Carrera and Manuel Antonio National Parks. Relaxing around the two pools or sun tanning on the warm sand of the Pacific Ocean are a favorite past time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Morgan's Cove Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Morgan`s Cove Hotel Jaco
- Morgan`s Cove Resort And Casino
- Morgan's Cove Resort & Casino Costa Rica/Jaco