A friend and I decided to book this hotel about a week before our arrival. While researching our options in Jaco, we found a packaged deal on the Morgan's Cove website which included 7 nights in the hotel, transfer to and from the airport, breakfast, and 4 adventure filled excursions. We were a little hesitant at first because it seemed so cheap, but this was an amazing bargain! We had so much fun! The staff was amazing! So helpful and friendly! A very special thanks to Josh and Shannon!
The hotel's location is good. It's a 10 minute (very hot) walk to the shops, bars, and restuarants in town or a $2 taxi ride. Its beach front location makes for a beautiful setting to enjoy while eating breakfast. Breakfast is also fun when the iguanas and Jesus lizards come out to sunbathe. The breakfast buffet wasn't available every day, but when it was, it was delicious! On the days when it wasn't available, a small menu was offered. The restaurant was also yummy, but rather expensive. Truth is that the food and beverages almost anywhere in Jaco is expensive. (It's hard to get out of a restaurant spending less than $15 per person without alcohol). The pools were big, clean, and relaxing. The piña coladas from both of the pool bars were the best piña coladas I have ever tasted! The hotel grounds were clean. Every morning, the grounds keepers were raking up any leaves that had fallen over night. The rooms were mostly clean. They were big, but had small bathrooms. There was hot water (which is hard to find in many Costa Rican hotels!) The beds looked incredibly uncormfortable, but offered some of the best sleep I had had in a long time! I did sleep with a halfsheet and pillow case that I had brought, but I do that in many hotels. The small sofa in the room didn't look very clean, but it held my luggage well. We noticed in other rooms that there was a table and chairs in place of a sofa. There were small gaps under both the front and back doors. We rolled up towels to cover the gap and try to keep out any critters. The front desk brought us a can of bug spray to take care of the occassional bug trying to excape the rain. After cleaning the room, the housekeeper left some nice towel art (which got better daily) with fresh flowers. That was a nice touch! For a small fee (which I advise anyone pay), the small safe in the room is available. The casino was small (about 60 machines and about 8 tables for table games), but it kept me entertained for a couple of hours each day without spending much money. The excursions the hotel arranged for us were amazing!
This was my second trip to Costa Rica and the most amazing vacation I have ever taken! I would take this vacation and stay in the hotel again, again, and again! Thanks Morgan's Cove!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Morgan’s Cove Resort & Casino located Beach Front in the quaint surf town of Jaco, Costa Rica. This bustling seaside village has restaurants, clubs, bars, casinos, and gift shops making it the most popular destination in all of Costa Rica. Adventures within minutes from the Resort include Sport Fishing, Zip Line Tours through rain forest Canopy, ATV tours, Horse Back Riding, Surfing, Golfing, River Rafting and Hiking the most popular Parks of Costa Rica, Carrera and Manuel Antonio National Parks. Relaxing around the two pools or sun tanning on the warm sand of the Pacific Ocean are a favorite past time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Morgan's Cove Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Morgan`s Cove Hotel Jaco
- Morgan`s Cove Resort And Casino
- Morgan's Cove Resort & Casino Costa Rica/Jaco