“Great, friendly and clean accommodation!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tropical Garden Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jaco
Tropical Garden Hotel
Private road, centre of town, Jaco, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #26 of 48 Specialty lodging in Jaco
“Great, friendly and clean accommodation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Costa Rica many times and I have stayed at this little Hotel on 3 of my trips. Service and staff are timely and friendly. The rooms are cute, the grounds are a pretty tropical garden. The hotel is located in the center of town, walking distance from most places, convenient. Prices are reasonable and fair for the hotel and amenities offered. Thanks!

• Stayed March 2013

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed here for a few weeks this winter. A simple hotel set in a tropical garden in the center of town. Great beach and bar access. The owner was really friendly and helpful with recommending car rental, restaurants, tours, sites, etc. The pool is clean and not too busy. Ask the gardener nicely and he will climb a palm and bring you a fresh coconut! I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I came here to my first time and Costa Rica and have zero complaints. It was close to everything I needed being a first time tourist in Costa Rica, as well as a beautiful beach. The many variations of plants made me truly feel like I was at a Tropical Garden. Sitting by the poolside is also very relaxing. I would definitely come back here when I return to Costa Rica.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I was on a trip with my staff in Playa Jaco, we were recommended this place from a friend in Toronto. A great stay, friendly staff and a nice little hotel to pass a relaxing week. The rooms all have your own kitchen and fridge. The hotel is built in a tropical garden, yet the place is in the center, center of town. Walking out of this little paradise and you are right in the middle of town, restaurants, bars, stores, and the beach all walking distance.

I definitely recommend this place to fellow travelers and vacationers.

Room Tip: If you are travelling on the weekends, make sure to reserve! They were full on the weekend.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I travel to Costa Rica often, years ago this hotel was mentioned to me as a place to stay on my travels. What a hidden paradise. Located in the center of town, steps from restaurants,stores, bars, and the beach. You could not have a more central location.

But I what is the best part of this hotel is that is in built a tropical garden. Full of flowers and trees, so quiet you can not believe it is in the downtown of a beach city.

Looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed here for a few nights during my last visit to Jaco. The name of the hotel is very fitting; there is a beautiful array of plants on the property. The pool was also enjoyable, especially because the water isn't freezing cold as it is in other hotel pools. The close proximity to the beach was also great. The staff was really friendly. I don't speak any Spanish so they were able to arrange a cab for me to get to the airport. The owner was really friendly and had recommended a few good places around the area to grab a bite. I had a tv in my room and I really enjoyed hanging out in my personal porch. I would definitely return next time I'm in Jaco.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Monteverde, Costa Rica
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

Stayed at this place during the rainy season. The place was completely flooded. Toilets would not flush. The septic system was backed up for days. There was standing water ankle deep throughout the property which more than likely was contaminated by the sewage from the backed up septic system. Absolutely disgusting. The lady who name was Veres would not do a thing about it and did not seem to care.

The owners of this place do not care about the workers nor the hotel. They surely do not care about the people staying there.

Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Been to Tropical Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!