My husband and I are in our late 30s with no children. We went to this resort for a week through an RCI Exchange and only had to pay a $258 exchange feeto stay the entire week. Because of this, and my strong desire to see Costa Rica, this place worked fine for us. I came up with this list while at the resort and I hope it helps others to make an easier decision on whether or not to stay here than I had.
Top 10 Things this Resort Does Well-
1. The pool. It's well taken care of and I love the pool water temp whirlpools at the end.
2. They leave you alone, nobody nagging you about tours. In fact, nobody even here.
3. Huge balconies
4. TV-It gets CNN and the local major US television network stations
5. Wi-fi. Only had an issue connecting one time, otherwise it's very reliable.
6. A washing machine and dryer in the unit.
7. Wildlife right in the trees that you can spot when your lounging at the pool. Who knew we needed binoculars at the pool right? Yesterday, we saw 2 Scarlet Macaws (parrots) just from our lounge chairs.
8. Coffee maker in room
9. The air conditioning gets COLD. And, that's really important here
10. Shower is decent
Top Things this Resort Needs Improvement on:
1. No amentities. No soap, no dishsoap, no laundry soap, no coffee, no welcome treats or cream and sugar, no dishtowel, no paper towels. Nothing extra except for small bottles of shampoo and conditioner.
2. They didn't inform us how to work the air when we first go here & it was miserably hot in our room. That led to a really bad first impression.
3. Ants in the kitchen and living room area
4. Not the best maintained. Toilet paper just sitting on the back of the toilets when only half of the toilet paper holder fixtures are mounted. Blood spotted on a rug and the secondary bedroom comforters. Floors are dirty, dishes chipped in the cabinets. Lampshades crooked. Laundry door missing from it's track.
5. The 2 unfinished buildings are a huge eyesore outside. They claim from a previous review they aren't theirs--but they look exactly like the buildings around us & the one we are staying in. It's like they just went bankrupt & didn't have enough money to finish what could've been a truly outstanding resort.
6. The misrepresentation of the rooms on the internet vs reality. The pictures of this place show only the walls that have been painted vibrant colors with the beautiful large pictures on them. The reality is, right across from that wall, none of the other walls are painted--everything is white, no pictures on the wall. It's very odd. It was obviously staged just for pictures. The "flat screen" tv might be a flat screen, but in reality it's not. It's not the current kind that can hang on walls.
7. No clock anywhere
8. No radio anywhere
9. Furniture--all of it. is. uncomfortable. Deck chairs on balcony are cheap. Pool chairs are white plastic and cheap. Bed is low to the ground and only on thin slats of wood. It fell apart while we were here and we had to fix it. Couches and chairs are weird and not comfortable. Living room table is cheap. You get the idea.
10. Reception area was unprofessional. When we first got there, a bike was blocking the steps to the door, and a friend was in there with their child just hanging out with the receptionsist. When our keys were deactivated because they didn't realize we were staying the week & not just the weekend, another friend was in there and it appeared that they were watching a youtube video and laughing at it. They seem interrupted when they actually have to work to help someone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of the most happening beach towns in Costa Rica, and just 1.5 hours away from the International Airport, the Ramada Jaco Bay is an ideal home base to live and explore the stunning mid-pacific coast line of Costa Rica. Our property provides a relaxed and private ambiance allowing our guests to easily visit the beach located one block away from our property, or stroll through the main boulevard of Jaco in search of a wide variety of restaurants, boutique shops and grocery stores. Our 2 or 3 bedrooms condo suites are an ideal choice for families and friends offering designer furnishings and modern decor, fully equipped kitchens and separate bedrooms promising all the comforts of home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Jaco Bay Condo Hotel by Ramada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jaco Bay Condo Hotel By Ramada Costa Rica