This is an absolutely beautiful hotel in a lovely location. The other reviews complaining about the distance from Jacó city are true, but it was not a problem at all for us. The hotel offers a complimentary taxi ride into Jacó and then back to the hotel once every day. Generally, we found that to be enough for us, as we didn't tend to leave the hotel until we were ready to be out for the day. We enjoyed swimming in the pool, sitting out on our little porch and watching the natural setting around us, and feeding the iguanas at breakfast. We also took advantage of the spa with body wraps the night before we left, and they provided a lovely end to our trip.
I noticed several people complained that the breakfast options were limited, but I found them to be perfectly fine. While the amount stayed the same from day to day, certain elements of the breakfast varied from day to day, and we were certainly satisfied with the food. (I recommend the scrambled eggs with leeks if they make those!) We also took advantage of the order in option and found the food to be good and served by hotel staff as if it was actually room service.
We found the staff to be extremely helpful and friendly. Marcelo was especially helpful, as he was the only person there during a transition in management. He handled the task in an exemplary manner. He was able to give us good recommendations for dinner and helped us find a good surfing lesson. All in all, it was a fantastic stay, and I could see it being a lovely place for a couple or a family who wants to be away from the hustle and bustle of central Jacó while enjoying the beauty and opportunities provided by the Pacific coast region of Costa Rica.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our boutique hotel, ideal for families, couples or friends who enjoy the natural beauty, in a quiet environment, between two mountains of virgin forest at sea level and 3 minutes from beaches Jaco and Herradura. Enjoy the variety of sports tours, adrenaline, hiking, national parks, restaurants, shops, souvenirs, supermarkets among others.Personalized service makes an experience unforgettable. Our 10 spacious luxury suites, each accommodating up to 5 people, fully equipped kitchen, terrace or balcony & WI-FI. Rates include full breakfast without schedule.For other meals we have a portfolio called "Gourmet Adventures", including the menus of different restaurants at your service. Escape to a relax experience in our Spa surrounded by lush vegetation and enjoy the experience of being in harmony with nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Pumilio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Paso De Las Lapas Hotel Jaco
- Hotel Pumilio Costa Rica/Jaco