Have been to El Paso de Las Lapas, Jacó, in january 2013 for 2 nights. That's the first time I was disappointed with the reviews of Tripadvisor in years. Let me start saying that the Jacó city is ugly and lacks attractions. The beach is ok and the hotel is hidden on a dirty road on the mountains. The instant we've checked in and entered the room, we felt a strong smell of mold. Alright, the room looks at the pool which is 10 steps away from the bed. The pool is really nice and surrounded by green everywhere you look. Gorgeous sensation! But that's all. There's a palapa with massage beds which is abandoned: dirty and full of insects. Our small kitchen outside the room was smelling really bad, so I didn't use it thru the 2 nights of our stay, only the fridge. The smell in the room was kind of ruining our first night and I started to notice that the room was not clean at all. The furniture had spider webs all over and I was really trying to find where the smell came from. I finally noticed that a fabric that decorated the bed was the source of the bad smell and was full of silverfishes. I told the front desk about it and he told me he would be in my room in five minutes to remove the infested fabric. The nice guy never returned and I took the fabrics out myself with bare hands watching a silverfish rain over the bed and the floor. Disgusting! Later on the night I told the guy on the reception I removed the fabrics myself and he collected it saying: "que pena!" or "too bad" / "what a shame". We slept and enjoyed a very limited but decent breakfast. Spent the rest of the day on the amazing pool and used the menu on the room (very nice indeed) to order food from local restaurants. The Hicaco was, by far, the best. In this day I could also notice that the lounge chairs and all the hotel furniture was broken or malfunctioning. There were 6 lounge chairs and only 2 were perfect. We left the hotel with the sensation that the reviewers were there at another era. I think it could be a great place if several issues were solved. Staff is nice and kind, but there's no room service at all, only breakfast at hotel. Would not return and I recommend this hotel for very relaxed people that need one night of sleep before reaching the east coast. That's it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our boutique hotel, ideal for families, couples or friends who enjoy the natural beauty, in a quiet environment, between two mountains of virgin forest at sea level and 3 minutes from beaches Jaco and Herradura. Enjoy the variety of sports tours, adrenaline, hiking, national parks, restaurants, shops, souvenirs, supermarkets among others.Personalized service makes an experience unforgettable. Our 10 spacious luxury suites, each accommodating up to 5 people, fully equipped kitchen, terrace or balcony & WI-FI. Rates include full breakfast without schedule.For other meals we have a portfolio called "Gourmet Adventures", including the menus of different restaurants at your service. Escape to a relax experience in our Spa surrounded by lush vegetation and enjoy the experience of being in harmony with nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Pumilio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Paso De Las Lapas Hotel Jaco
- Hotel Pumilio Costa Rica/Jaco