Traveled with wife and daughter,12 yo. The greeting upon arrival was warm, personalized with flutes of delicious wine and efficient (important post many hours of travel). Our room was very comfortable and well outfitted w/ a mini kitchen. Climate control worked wonderfuly in our main room. The staff maintained our room daily such that not one grain of sand was left behind. The pool was immaculate and perfect for unwinding after a hike into the rainforest.
The locus was an absolute treat for us. We wanted quiet family time and this resort offered that in spades. The grounds were beautifuly manicured and surrounded by a delightful farm and rainforest. Lots of unassuming lizards abounding poolside. The staff clearly takes pride in maintaining this pristine jem of a hotel.
Juan Carlos, manager, must be commended for his efforts to keep our family happy during our stay. Always greeted us with a smile despite his long hours at the hotel; he clearly put our comfort and needs as his top most priority. For example, I needed to procure another memory stick for my camera and aske Juan Carlos for a store recommendation. He could have told us where to go and called us a cab, however, he elected to drive us himself to a nearby store. Likewise, he went into the store and interpreted my needs to the store associate. Finally, he drove into Jaco and delivered us to our restaurant. Juan Carlos was not asked to do any of these things; he insisted on helping us in the most selfless manner I have ever witnessed. The service and people are unparalleled at this botique hotel.
We enjoyed the fresh friuts, beans and rice, eggs and ham served each moring. The tables offered spectacular views of jungle scenery--replete with bird calls, insect, frog and local fauna incantations unseen but everpresent.
The trip to Jaco is about 8 min from the hotel. This is a good opportunity to inquire about local attractions, restaurants, activities. Every cab driver was more than happy to share knowledge about this wonderful region. I am very happy in our decision to stay outside of the hubub of Jaco central. Each evening coming from dinner in jaco it was a return to a serene nirvana/ shangri-la (pardon the descriptive redundancy).
I have nothing negative to say about this Hotel and I am a critical reviewer--see previous reviews. This is a model establishment and we will without question return to this hotel if we return to the Jaco region.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our boutique hotel, ideal for families, couples or friends who enjoy the natural beauty, in a quiet environment, between two mountains of virgin forest at sea level and 3 minutes from beaches Jaco and Herradura. Enjoy the variety of sports tours, adrenaline, hiking, national parks, restaurants, shops, souvenirs, supermarkets among others.Personalized service makes an experience unforgettable. Our 10 spacious luxury suites, each accommodating up to 5 people, fully equipped kitchen, terrace or balcony & WI-FI. Rates include full breakfast without schedule.For other meals we have a portfolio called "Gourmet Adventures", including the menus of different restaurants at your service. Escape to a relax experience in our Spa surrounded by lush vegetation and enjoy the experience of being in harmony with nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Pumilio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Paso De Las Lapas Hotel Jaco
- Hotel Pumilio Costa Rica/Jaco