Traveled with wife and daughter,12 yo. The greeting upon arrival was warm, personalized with flutes of delicious wine and efficient (important post many hours of travel). Our room was very comfortable and well outfitted w/ a mini kitchen. Climate control worked wonderfuly in our main room. The staff maintained our room daily such that not one grain of sand was left behind. The pool was immaculate and perfect for unwinding after a hike into the rainforest.
The locus was an absolute treat for us. We wanted quiet family time and this resort offered that in spades. The grounds were beautifuly manicured and surrounded by a delightful farm and rainforest. Lots of unassuming lizards abounding poolside. The staff clearly takes pride in maintaining this pristine jem of a hotel.
Juan Carlos, manager, must be commended for his efforts to keep our family happy during our stay. Always greeted us with a smile despite his long hours at the hotel; he clearly put our comfort and needs as his top most priority. For example, I needed to procure another memory stick for my camera and aske Juan Carlos for a store recommendation. He could have told us where to go and called us a cab, however, he elected to drive us himself to a nearby store. Likewise, he went into the store and interpreted my needs to the store associate. Finally, he drove into Jaco and delivered us to our restaurant. Juan Carlos was not asked to do any of these things; he insisted on helping us in the most selfless manner I have ever witnessed. The service and people are unparalleled at this botique hotel.
We enjoyed the fresh friuts, beans and rice, eggs and ham served each moring. The tables offered spectacular views of jungle scenery--replete with bird calls, insect, frog and local fauna incantations unseen but everpresent.
The trip to Jaco is about 8 min from the hotel. This is a good opportunity to inquire about local attractions, restaurants, activities. Every cab driver was more than happy to share knowledge about this wonderful region. I am very happy in our decision to stay outside of the hubub of Jaco central. Each evening coming from dinner in jaco it was a return to a serene nirvana/ shangri-la (pardon the descriptive redundancy).
I have nothing negative to say about this Hotel and I am a critical reviewer--see previous reviews. This is a model establishment and we will without question return to this hotel if we return to the Jaco region.
- Also Known As:
- El Paso De Las Lapas Hotel Jaco
- El Paso De Las Lapas Hotel
- El Paso De Las Lapas Costa Rica/Jaco
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular view over a virgin mountain of dense vegetation just 5 minutes from Jacó and Herradura Beaches. Our 10 luxury suites have their own private terrace and fully equipped kitchen, 2 Queen Beds and 1 Twin Bed, AC, LCD TV, drinkable water, mini bar, safety security box, hair dryer. Internet and breakfast included without schedule, when you wanted,so you can enjoy your vacation.Our nature surrounded Spa, two swimming pools with water slide, cascade and cozy sunbathing beds located at our Teak natural wooden decks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Venere, Tingo and Travelocity so you can book your El Paso de las Lapas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.