“A little oasis in Jaco” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Lodge   |   300 Mts South Municipalidad, Jaco 00207, Costa Rica   |
Montreal, Canada
“A little oasis in Jaco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This condo hotel was lovely. I was worried from the pictures that the couch and decor would be tacky, but in fact, the interior was beautiful, it was quiet, and everything was well appointed. Most importantly, the staff were awesome. When I came, American Airlines had managed to lose my bags. Four days later, they were still not answering their phone. Nancy, the manager at the hotel (who's a total sweet-heart) and her staff took over the task of contacting the people at the airline, helped me make some calls. The help was priceless, and that kind of customer service is rare in this world, folks! The place is a little to the side of town, but that's all to the good, as far as I'm concerned. It gets you away from the bustle of the center.

Note: the beach around Jaco is polluted. If you're going there to swim in the ocean, my advice is to pick a smaller town outside of Jaco, or use Jaco as a base for other trips.

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner condo on the second floor. One of the first floor condos I entered smelled a l...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Stellarton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Myself, my husband and my best friend rented one of the two bedroom condos - and it was fabulous! It was spacious, the kitchen was fully stocked with everything you need, the washer and dryer were incredibly helpful (especially during the rainy season) and the security guards were friendly.

Breakfasts were delicious, and Edgar was such a sweetheart even though we had difficulties communicating sometimes (our Spanish is terrible).

The owner took the time to tell us about the great places to go, and even took us on one of his morning hikes.

We cannot wait to go back, and would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Modesto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

A couple of friends and I stayed here for a few days while visiting Costa Rica and absolutely loved everything about it! It was quite spacious with 2 bedrooms, 2 full baths, kitchen, living room and a lovely outdoor patio. It was a few minutes away from downtown but close enough to walk to and from during the day. The area was gated with a security guard at all times so we always felt safe.The beach was just a few blocks away and walking distance as well. We had breakfast at the restaurant and were very impressed by the food and service - by far the best gallo pinto I had while in Costa Rica. The staff was very helpful and even returned a hat I lost the day before while at the pool. If I ever visit Jaco again, I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Belleville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I must say that Club Del Cielo is, hands down, the best! It is such a hidden beauty & the service is pretty darn good. I arrived on a Wednesday, early afternoon, and was greeted by a receptionist by first name. From beginning to end, everyone there was so kind & helpful.
When we walked into our condo we couldn't believe it. It actually looked exactly like the pictures on the site. It was very clean and everything about it was modern. It came equipped with anything that you could possibly need from a washer and dryer down to utensils and baking ware. It was way better than my rinky dink apartment in Jersey. :)
Every morning we enjoyed free breakfast. There is a special menu to choose from with I believe 8 different free options. The pancakes and fruit combo is to die for!
The main town, where the shops, restaurants, lounges, clubs are and even a movie theater is not too far. It is about a $2 (1,000 colones) cab ride away. PERFECT! The beach is nearby. However, it is no good for swimming. It is pretty dirty. It's really just a surfer beach! The other beaches are a long ride on the road and/or by boat. I went on a tour to Tortuga Island. We took a yacht there. It was absolutely beautiful.
TIP 1: Do not book your tours through the hotel. They jack their prices up quite a lot. When you walk trough "town" you'll see many agencies booking tours. Book through them. I saved my boyfriend and me about $130 dollars not booking a tour through the hotel.
TIP 2: There is a bus station all the down the strip across from the Best Western. The drive from San Jose, airport, to Jaco by car is about 1 hour and 1/2 and the cab costs about 90 dollars .The bus costs $4 each. It takes a little over 2 hours. SCORE!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

This was part two of our journey through Costa Rica. We had just come from four days in Arenal at the Hotel Royal Corin, and while this property was not nearly as nice, it was unexpected. The unit was larger than our apartment at the time, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, kitchen, dining and living room area, and outdoor patios across the front of the unit. We were farther away from the pool, at the back of the property, so the noise was minimal. Thew view wasn't spectacular, but there was plenty of space, and the fact that the unit had a kitchen made it easier to save a little money on dining. We stocked up the fridge on the first night, and I took a stab at cooking a traditional Costa Rican meal on several nights. The price was spectacular for such a large unit, but it really was too big for just the two of us. It would be ideal for a family that wants more than just a hotel room. It's off the main drag, so it's much quieter than some of the other properties in the area. It was also a short walk to the beach, but not oceanfront. There are probably better properties in Jaco, but I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

This beautiful resort is definitely a place I highly recommend and when I visit again, I will be staying here as well. I had a great time, the pool is great, very peaceful, great staff, very clean, up to part and the rooms are very spacious and very accommodating. I spent a whole week, excellent price and very relaxing place to stay.The beach is within 5 minutes from this resort, you find everything in the strip in Jaco within 2-6 mile radius. Great restaurants, good selections and very good prices on the souvenir shops by the strip. If you want to dine in Jaco, I highly recommend "Tsunami Sushi", Pili, Pili Restaurant very delicious, great value, great service and excellent food, also try "Jaco Tacos" another great location to eat as well as "El Barco" great seafood place. We had a great wonderful time exploring the activities Jaco has to offer. The Canopy (Zip Lining) was thrilling and the best experience as well as the ATV riding on the mountains another great activity and the "Tortuga Island Tour" highly recommended great times (includes snorkling, drinks, cruise) this whole tour is an 8 hour event but worth it. The nightlife is great too, check out "Orange Pub", "The Loft" "Claritas" and "Monkey Bar" especially for those single people, you will have a great time. The beach in Jaco was not all impressive but if you want to have a relaxing and have a nice and sunny time, go to "Playa Herradura" it's not far from Jaco. Last I will recommend this Bar/Restaurant/Lounge called "The Backyard" it has great drinks, in front of the beach and good food but it get's nice and crowded especially on Wednesday nights. No car rental is needed, we walked or took the taxi and it was four of us and the average spending on transportation for all four was 4 to 6 dollars. I recommend to make sure you exchange your currency into Colones especially when buying drinks, tips. taxi and souvenir shopping.

Room Tip: Room 11 or 4 =)
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Club Del Cielo is a small bit of Paradise located in Jaco. The condos are wonderful and clean and the staff working there are extremely helpful. The pool is great for families and it is just a short walk to the beach, a great trail up the mountain in the rain forrest and just minutes to the downtown area. Maria at the restaurant is a great cook - it was hard to find a reason to go elsewhere! I can't wait to return.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Club Del Cielo? Share your experiences!