“Excellent service and a great stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Costa Linda Condominiums
Main Road, Jaco 00000, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #37 of 50 Specialty Lodging in Jaco
Orlando FL
“Excellent service and a great stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I was recently in Jaco for a combination business/pleasure trip, and stayed at Costa Linda. The unit I stayed in was managed by Jaco360. I had no trouble finding their office-called to reconfirm and they took the time to be sure I had thorough directions AND they suggested I stop and see the monster crocs at the Tarcoles Bridge, which was kind of a funny stop...my friend and I walked out on the bridge and saw one big, lonely croc laying on the shore. I was a little non-plussed (I live in Florida, and we see gators frequently), and after standing there for 5 minutes I started to walk back to the end of the bridge-and just as I did, my friend said, "WAIT....LOOK!!", and like depth charges rising out of the ocean in an old World War II movie, they started popping out of the muddy water, until there were about 15 or so-and they were freaking HUGE-WAY bigger than the gators we have!!! But, I digress...
So, we got to Jaco with no problem, got checked in, and were warned by Eric at Jaco360 to be SURE to keep our parking permit on display-security was very, very good-and I'm guessing if you didn't have that pass, you would NOT get past the gate, even if they'd seen you go through 10 times before. The property was actually nicer than I expected-the grounds were spotless, the common areas inside were gleaming white marble and chrome, and the unit was very, very nice! Spacious, clean, beautifully furnished, everything worked, good cable reception...only bummer was there was no Internet (spoiled, I know!), but other than that-which I knew when I booked it-I really could not find anything negative to say about the unit or the property. The grounds were actually VERY well kept and nicely landscaped. The pool is huge (like two Olympic-sized pools in an L-shape), there are small kids' play areas, and another nice touch was three large barbecue areas. This was a little beyond what you normally see-you could barbecue and stage a meal for 15-20 people at each one of these areas-stainless countertops, beautiful gas grills, large sink area to clean up, refrigerators...what a nice touch! So, the pool area to me was really killer....however, be SURE to take your sandals to the pool, because when that afternoon sun hits the deck, that sucker gets HOT!
Also, we did use the folks at Jaco360 for a tour, and they were excellent! I'm glad we took the time to go to Manuel Antonio-I got some unbelievable pics (thanks ENTIRELY to our guide) and the beaches there are like something straight out of Robinson Crusoe-incredible!
Anyway-to sum up on Costa Linda, I would go back in a heartbeat! It was reasonably priced, walking distance to the beach, a 2 minute hop into town, and you can do SO much from there because it's very centrally located. I think it helps to rent through a good management company as well-they seem to make sure that their units are somewhat standardized and well-maintained.....job well done! I travel for a living, and this was an excellent experience!

Room Tip: Probably a good idea to go through a reputable management company-might avoid some of the problems e...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Playas del Coco, Costa Rica
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

We made an advance reservation and made sure to tell them in advance that we had a great Dane dog, they said it was no problem. When we had already paid for two days stay the guard refused our entry to the property saying our dog was too dangerous. We assured the guard she would be on a leash at all times and in reality she is a big Teddy bear and wouldn't hurt anyone. With no reservation and a large dog we were forced to drive on 2 hours to stay with family in another city. I would never book with them again, and would recommend anyone else thinking of booking to be sure they have backup plans.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

I just left Jaco after spending a week in that wonderful town. Unlike other towns in Costa Rica, Jaco does not close at sunset rather that is when the party begins. Like everyone, I tried to read all of the reviews of properties before I leave, and found many of these reviews are misleading. Costa Linda Condo's is located on the north side of Playa Jaco a short 1/2 to 1 mile walk into town. The accommodations themselves are clean and well maintained and the grounds are immaculate. I stayed in a 2 bedroom condo with a full kitchen, as well as a washer and a dryer. I found the washer and dryer invaluable during my stay and used it regularly. Security around the complex is provided 24/7 and there was no prostitution and drug dealing contrary to another review. I did see some (what I thought was) prostitution in town at different locations but that activity is centralized and easily avoidable. The people of Jaco are genuinely pleasant and happy people and eager to help even those with limited linguistic skills. In fact most people in town speak some english. I would recommend the Costa Linda Condo's to anyone interested in a quiet well maintained property that is close enough to town to walk, but far enough away to get a good night’s sleep. I did wash the dishes that I used and swept the floor prior to leaving but that is all. A cleaning crew came in after I left for a more thorough complimentary cleaning.
Rolando was the property manager and our trip advisor.
While I was there, I scheduled trips to Manuel Antonio National Park, Tortuga Island and a canopy tour at Los Suenos. My trip advisor, Rolando was the best. He met us at the condo when we checked in and thoroughly briefed us on sites to see and things to do while we were in the area. He made himself available to us 24/7 and provided us with a complimentary map of the town along with his recommendations for places to eat and relax. Rolando’s singular attention to detail and his uncanny sense of our needs and desired resulted in an exceptional vacation experience. If you are planning a trip to Jaco anytime in the future, I highly recommend you contact Rolando at Jaco 360. He is a true professional

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

This was a condo with no service. You get 17 spot white towels ( not really) that includes all. These are peoples condos so whats in the room is what you get. They only sweep not clean so your cleaning and washing the entire trip. Everything must be spotless when you leave.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. The biggest mistake of our trip to Costa Rica. Why ? Will try to explain. We tried different kinds of stays, B&B, small hotels, cabinas etc.
This was our worst experience. Jaco is becoming famous for drugs and prostitution. Dealers are hanging arround the compex, hookers are frequent visitors to hotel and apartments. Agresive salesmen repeatedly approached us if we were interested to buy an apartment in this condominium. Is this hotel operated by the construction company ? NEVER AGAIN !

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Doral, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

On the fotos it looks real nice, but once we arrived, we saw what a really is: a condo-complex (and it felt like living in a condo). Nine buildings and one is operating as a hotel (if it is busy, they will put you in an apartment in one of the other buildings).
There is no lounge, no restaurant, no bar. The apartment was nice, but not special. Kitchen with appliances but no pots and pans, you can't cook...... There is no entertainment, the tours are expensive, and -what caused most irritation- you live the life like the locals in a condo !
They looked at us, like telling us: "YOU ARE USING OUR POOL ! OUR BBQ's ! OUR POOL-FURNITURE ! GET OUT !" And maybe they are right !
We experienced the feeling that apartment-owners didn't like us. We asked other guests in the "hotel", and they felt the same.
Especially in the weekend it was terrible: kids and youngsters (not hotel-guests) invaded the swimming-pool and green areas.
We will NEVER go back, and we will NOT recommend this so called "hotel".
Try to imagine this: it must be terrible to own an apartment here and deal and live with hotel-guests. Don't forget that Jaco is famous for drugs and prostitution......

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Sanford NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

We were at Costa Linda the week of Feb. 1. After flight delays, snow and ice, we made it to paradise. Our lodging was at Costa Linda. It was safe, clean and close to every small convenience. It was nice to have a full kitchen since the guys caught fresh Tuna and Mahi for us to cook up at night. The only change the condo should make is to have the pool open later than 8 pm. The city and locals of Jaco, Quepos and Los Suenos were very inviting to my husband, myself and our friends. It was awesome to take in the culture, the beach, the mountains, the rain forest and all of the beauty of Costa Rica. The food was awesome but BEWARE the portions are huge. Sharing was a must! If you need help with purchasing property in this area, look no further than Resort Realty. Deborah, Marcel, and their family were the best!
Lorie and William Robertson
Matt and Vickie Stokes
North Carolina

Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Costa Linda Condominiums? Share your experiences!