“Turned as away at 5pm with no other options” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Costa Linda Condominiums

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jaco
Costa Linda Condominiums
You added Costa Linda Condominiums to your Saves list
Main Road, Jaco 00000, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #41 of 55 Specialty Lodging in Jaco
Brasilito, Costa Rica
“Turned as away at 5pm with no other options”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

We made an advance reservation and made sure to tell them in advance that we had a great Dane dog, they said it was no problem. When we had already paid for two days stay the guard refused our entry to the property saying our dog was too dangerous. We assured the guard she would be on a leash at all times and in reality she is a big Teddy bear and wouldn't hurt anyone. With no reservation and a large dog we were forced to drive on 2 hours to stay with family in another city. I would never book with them again, and would recommend anyone else thinking of booking to be sure they have backup plans.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

I just left Jaco after spending a week in that wonderful town. Unlike other towns in Costa Rica, Jaco does not close at sunset rather that is when the party begins. Like everyone, I tried to read all of the reviews of properties before I leave, and found many of these reviews are misleading. Costa Linda Condo's is located on the north side of Playa Jaco a short 1/2 to 1 mile walk into town. The accommodations themselves are clean and well maintained and the grounds are immaculate. I stayed in a 2 bedroom condo with a full kitchen, as well as a washer and a dryer. I found the washer and dryer invaluable during my stay and used it regularly. Security around the complex is provided 24/7 and there was no prostitution and drug dealing contrary to another review. I did see some (what I thought was) prostitution in town at different locations but that activity is centralized and easily avoidable. The people of Jaco are genuinely pleasant and happy people and eager to help even those with limited linguistic skills. In fact most people in town speak some english. I would recommend the Costa Linda Condo's to anyone interested in a quiet well maintained property that is close enough to town to walk, but far enough away to get a good night’s sleep. I did wash the dishes that I used and swept the floor prior to leaving but that is all. A cleaning crew came in after I left for a more thorough complimentary cleaning.
Rolando was the property manager and our trip advisor.
While I was there, I scheduled trips to Manuel Antonio National Park, Tortuga Island and a canopy tour at Los Suenos. My trip advisor, Rolando was the best. He met us at the condo when we checked in and thoroughly briefed us on sites to see and things to do while we were in the area. He made himself available to us 24/7 and provided us with a complimentary map of the town along with his recommendations for places to eat and relax. Rolando’s singular attention to detail and his uncanny sense of our needs and desired resulted in an exceptional vacation experience. If you are planning a trip to Jaco anytime in the future, I highly recommend you contact Rolando at Jaco 360. He is a true professional

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

This was a condo with no service. You get 17 spot white towels ( not really) that includes all. These are peoples condos so whats in the room is what you get. They only sweep not clean so your cleaning and washing the entire trip. Everything must be spotless when you leave.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. The biggest mistake of our trip to Costa Rica. Why ? Will try to explain. We tried different kinds of stays, B&B, small hotels, cabinas etc.
This was our worst experience. Jaco is becoming famous for drugs and prostitution. Dealers are hanging arround the compex, hookers are frequent visitors to hotel and apartments. Agresive salesmen repeatedly approached us if we were interested to buy an apartment in this condominium. Is this hotel operated by the construction company ? NEVER AGAIN !

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Doral, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

On the fotos it looks real nice, but once we arrived, we saw what a really is: a condo-complex (and it felt like living in a condo). Nine buildings and one is operating as a hotel (if it is busy, they will put you in an apartment in one of the other buildings).
There is no lounge, no restaurant, no bar. The apartment was nice, but not special. Kitchen with appliances but no pots and pans, you can't cook...... There is no entertainment, the tours are expensive, and -what caused most irritation- you live the life like the locals in a condo !
They looked at us, like telling us: "YOU ARE USING OUR POOL ! OUR BBQ's ! OUR POOL-FURNITURE ! GET OUT !" And maybe they are right !
We experienced the feeling that apartment-owners didn't like us. We asked other guests in the "hotel", and they felt the same.
Especially in the weekend it was terrible: kids and youngsters (not hotel-guests) invaded the swimming-pool and green areas.
We will NEVER go back, and we will NOT recommend this so called "hotel".
Try to imagine this: it must be terrible to own an apartment here and deal and live with hotel-guests. Don't forget that Jaco is famous for drugs and prostitution......

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Holly Springs, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

We were at Costa Linda the week of Feb. 1. After flight delays, snow and ice, we made it to paradise. Our lodging was at Costa Linda. It was safe, clean and close to every small convenience. It was nice to have a full kitchen since the guys caught fresh Tuna and Mahi for us to cook up at night. The only change the condo should make is to have the pool open later than 8 pm. The city and locals of Jaco, Quepos and Los Suenos were very inviting to my husband, myself and our friends. It was awesome to take in the culture, the beach, the mountains, the rain forest and all of the beauty of Costa Rica. The food was awesome but BEWARE the portions are huge. Sharing was a must! If you need help with purchasing property in this area, look no further than Resort Realty. Deborah, Marcel, and their family were the best!
Lorie and William Robertson
Matt and Vickie Stokes
North Carolina

Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Puntarenas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2010

we are a couple that visited costa linda condominiums 1 month ago and we were so happy been there, specifically we want to attributemost of our satisfaction to your on site manager Mr Gustavo, when we were there he was helping us in everything, he took care of us. he is a very nice person and he also represents his organization in a very positive manner.
I compliment you on selecting such ahard working person to take care of us who rent from you, trust to me everything was wonderfull.
Also I read the wrong message that a persone wrote against Gustavo and the activities that they do in Costa Linda, let me comment you that someones goes there hope to do things like the tour to Tortuga Island, they really like this for the snorkelling and the banana tour, but they dont agree to pay the cost $120 and they hope to have incluted with somebody else the samethings at less money $95, and when they do the tour and they know that they dont have included those things they be confused and they feel like if somebody stole them, but that is not true.
I really recommend to Gustavo and all the staff to take care of you and your stay in Costa Linda Condominiums in Jaco, Costa Rica.
Everybody enjoy that nature country is beautifull and everybody there, is friendly and very nice.

• Stayed January 2010

Been to Costa Linda Condominiums? Share your experiences!