“Married in Paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zephyr Palace Luxury Rental Mansion

You added Zephyr Palace Luxury Rental Mansion to your Saves list
Zephyr Palace Luxury Rental Mansion
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Garabito, Herradura de Jaco, Jaco 12358-1000, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #6 of 44 Hotels in Jaco
Brooklyn, NY
“Married in Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

When my husband Jason first mentioned having a destination wedding, I was not thrilled about it. But I told him that there was one place that I had been in the world that I thought, “if I ever have a destination wedding, this is where it would be.” That was the Amphitheatre at Villa Caletas. Villa Caletas itself is high atop a mountain overlooking the central pacific coast and Jaco. It is frequented by toucans, turkey vultures, frogs, spiders, iguanas, scarlet macaws and white-faced monkeys. The views are spectacular and the sunset views are unrivaled.

So after scheduling a visit with Pilar Arevalo, the hotel’s events coordinator, we flew down to Costa Rica. In the 12 years since my last visit, however, I had developed bad knees and vertigo. So when I saw the Amphitheater I thought, “I will never be able to walk down that aisle.” Fortunately, when we met with Pilar the next day, she took us to Zephyr Palace, a small boutique hotel and event space located on the property. As Jason described it, they took all of the rough edges out of Villa Caletas when they built Zephyr Palace. The grounds were well manicured and classically decorated. And the views were stunning.

We scheduled a Friday night rehearsal dinner at Villa Caletas, the wedding on Saturday at Zephyr Palace and a brunch for Sunday morning poolside at Zephyr Palace.

The boutique hotel at Zephyr Palace consists of only six suites. We stayed in the Egyptian (Egypto). It was beautifully decorated and located. The night before the wedding, I asked to stay in a different room and I was given one of the Junior Suites – the one closest to the pool. That room was spacious and the location was private and beautiful. And the hotel was able to accommodate my request for a late check out so that I could dress there for the wedding.

A week before the wedding, Pilar wrote to let me know that the brunch had been relocated from the Disco terrace to the area underneath the terrace. That location, she said, would be shaded. She did not tell me, however, that the hotel had built a pool adjacent to that area three months earlier. So our brunch turned into a private pool party.

A day before the wedding, three friends conspiratorially whispered to me, “I think they gave us the best room!” This was the ultimate compliment, as our guests felt overwhelmed by the hotel and its hospitality.

The wedding itself was spectacular. The scenery was amazing and the service was impeccable.

I am now trying to convince anyone I can to: (1) get married and (2) get married at Zephyr Palace so I can go back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

We purchased a groupon to this hotel and I was skeptical at first. However, this was the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in. The view is out of this world. The infinity pool is great and the rooms are extremely clean and modern. The outdoor jacuzzi was fully functional and a huge plus. There were no other tenants at the time so they service at the pool was not present most of the time, but that was not a big problem.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

My husband and I spent 5 days at Zephyr Palace for honeymoon and stayed in the New World room. The room was clean and had a great view of the ocean. There was tree that was a bit in the way but it did not take away from the breathtaking view. The outdoor jacuzzi was a great plus. The room was very clean and was cleaned very well everyday. The staff there is amazing and very friendly. If you needed something they were quick to get it to you. The infinity pool truly has the most amazing view of the sunset!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Stayed there with family for 4 days. Place is AMAZING!!! Quiet, relaxing, romantic. You really cannot ask for more beauty than the infinity pool. We tried the restaraunt and the spa and they were great. They drive you go private beach, what more can you ask for. Could easily have spent more time!

Stayed June 2014
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stayed in the 20th century room for my honeymoon with my wife a few weeks ago. In summary Zephyr Place is an icon of perfection for several reasons. The Views - From the room, the beach, amphitheater restaurant, and all three infinity pools, the view of the gulf of Nicoya and the surrounding area maybe one of the best in Costa Rica. We were lucky enough to be there at the beginning of the rainy season and were able to watch several storms come in the late afternoon, which was just as great of a view as the clear days. The Rooms - The rooms were beautifully decorated and excellently maintained. The maid was very friendly and spent lots of time making sure the room was perfect. The rooms are very big, big enough to hold a king size bed, hot tub, shower, porch, and bathroom among other things, with room to spare. The Restaurant - I short if you don't eat your way through the entire menu then, you have missed out on something great. The Staff - The staff may have been the most impressive part of the entire stay. I did not find a single person who was any thing less than very friendly. All staff learned my name with in the first 2-3 days and were very patient and helpful as I tried to work on my Spanish. One day i had about an hour to kill and one of the staff members taught me about Costa Rica's culture and day to day life, this greatly enriched our stay. I have traveled to many places (New Zealand, Greece, Italy, Jamaica, Aruba, Mexico, Belize, Honduras, and Canada) and am from the south (where hospitality is a must), and I can say this was the best staff I have had the privilege to travel with
- Reagan JAger

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

My friend and I were here for 4 nights last week. This is indeed a beautiful hotel with breathtaking views. The staffs are friendly and helpful. We had a wonderful time.
Costa Rica is such a beautiful country, can't wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I was here last week with my husband on our honeymoon. We stayed at 20th Years and Egypt room. They have fantastic view from all rooms. The art and decor in all rooms is very well done. We were excited to see hammock in our room and all rooms have Jacuzzi.

We are vegetarians, they don't have many vegetarian food options but whatever we ordered we really liked it. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Overall we had wonderful time. Excellent place for couples. Kids may not find much to do around here.

If you have car, also visit nearby Jaco town, lots of restaurants and good for souvenir shopping.

Room Tip: Pick any room, they have beautiful view from all rooms :)