“Olympus in the rainforest ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zephyr Palace Luxury Rental Mansion

Save Saved
You added Zephyr Palace Luxury Rental Mansion to your Saves list
Zephyr Palace Luxury Rental Mansion
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Garabito, Herradura de Jaco, Jaco 12358-1000, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #5 of 42 Hotels in Jaco
Phoenix, Arizona
“Olympus in the rainforest ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Stayed there with family for 4 days. Place is AMAZING!!! Quiet, relaxing, romantic. You really cannot ask for more beauty than the infinity pool. We tried the restaraunt and the spa and they were great. They drive you go private beach, what more can you ask for. Could easily have spent more time!

Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stayed in the 20th century room for my honeymoon with my wife a few weeks ago. In summary Zephyr Place is an icon of perfection for several reasons. The Views - From the room, the beach, amphitheater restaurant, and all three infinity pools, the view of the gulf of Nicoya and the surrounding area maybe one of the best in Costa Rica. We were lucky enough to be there at the beginning of the rainy season and were able to watch several storms come in the late afternoon, which was just as great of a view as the clear days. The Rooms - The rooms were beautifully decorated and excellently maintained. The maid was very friendly and spent lots of time making sure the room was perfect. The rooms are very big, big enough to hold a king size bed, hot tub, shower, porch, and bathroom among other things, with room to spare. The Restaurant - I short if you don't eat your way through the entire menu then, you have missed out on something great. The Staff - The staff may have been the most impressive part of the entire stay. I did not find a single person who was any thing less than very friendly. All staff learned my name with in the first 2-3 days and were very patient and helpful as I tried to work on my Spanish. One day i had about an hour to kill and one of the staff members taught me about Costa Rica's culture and day to day life, this greatly enriched our stay. I have traveled to many places (New Zealand, Greece, Italy, Jamaica, Aruba, Mexico, Belize, Honduras, and Canada) and am from the south (where hospitality is a must), and I can say this was the best staff I have had the privilege to travel with
- Reagan JAger

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

My friend and I were here for 4 nights last week. This is indeed a beautiful hotel with breathtaking views. The staffs are friendly and helpful. We had a wonderful time.
Costa Rica is such a beautiful country, can't wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I was here last week with my husband on our honeymoon. We stayed at 20th Years and Egypt room. They have fantastic view from all rooms. The art and decor in all rooms is very well done. We were excited to see hammock in our room and all rooms have Jacuzzi.

We are vegetarians, they don't have many vegetarian food options but whatever we ordered we really liked it. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Overall we had wonderful time. Excellent place for couples. Kids may not find much to do around here.

If you have car, also visit nearby Jaco town, lots of restaurants and good for souvenir shopping.

Room Tip: Pick any room, they have beautiful view from all rooms :)
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

My girlfriend and I spent 4 days here at the end of April in the Egyptian Suite and we were thoroughly impressed. Highlights:
- beautiful views everywhere you look
- 3 beautiful pools on the property (including two infinity pools)
- hot tub in the suite
- lots of wildlife around since it is in the middle of the rainforest
- private beach with a bar/food service
- good proximity to Jaco
- lots of places to explore on the property
- much more that I can't think of

Overall we both would highly recommend this hotel! We will definitely stay here again if we visit CR in the future

Room Tip: Egyptian suite is very nice
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

what a place.. When I first saw the place I was speechless.. could not comprehend the beauty of the place..........
from rooms to swimming pool to private beach everything spectacular.....
Will definitely stay there if I visit Costa Rica again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I got to Villa Caletas often for the sunset drinks. The view is fantastic, but the drinks are marginal. We decided to have a romantic night at the Zephyr Palace. We booked a night in the Imperial Suite. The view is amazing. The bed is comfortable. The room service was quick and the food was pretty good. The layout of the room was really strange. The room is clouded with so much furniture that I could have brought everything in our closet and still wouldn't fill the storage. There is a big gym in the bathroom, which I thought would be a plus. It wasn't. The universal machine is cheap and rickety. Anyone who works out knows that the machine is completely unusable. And there was a spinning bike. Really? $1800 a night and we get a spinning bike. Get something that everyone can use, like a treadmill. The shower was slick as snot when it got wet. Both my husband and I slipped when we stepped in. To get to the steam room, one must walk thru the shower. And you are greeted by a nice vase/sink that has a wrinkled paper sign above it with a man peeing in the vase and a slash thru it. Wow. Is that really necessary? I would think that for the price of the room, they wouldn't get the crass people who would do that. And if they did, so what! The sign is totally unnecessary and cheapens the room.
And then the pools were murky and needed to be drained and scrubbed. The main pool up at the main hotel is fantastic, but we didn't want to trudge up there.

All in all, it's an interesting place to stay once.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Zephyr Palace Luxury Rental Mansion? Share your experiences!