“Beautiful hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zephyr Palace Luxury Rental Mansion

Save Saved
You added Zephyr Palace Luxury Rental Mansion to your Saves list
Zephyr Palace Luxury Rental Mansion
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Garabito, Herradura de Jaco, Jaco 12358-1000, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #5 of 42 Hotels in Jaco
Atlanta, Georgia
“Beautiful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

My friend and I were here for 4 nights last week. This is indeed a beautiful hotel with breathtaking views. The staffs are friendly and helpful. We had a wonderful time.
Costa Rica is such a beautiful country, can't wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I was here last week with my husband on our honeymoon. We stayed at 20th Years and Egypt room. They have fantastic view from all rooms. The art and decor in all rooms is very well done. We were excited to see hammock in our room and all rooms have Jacuzzi.

We are vegetarians, they don't have many vegetarian food options but whatever we ordered we really liked it. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Overall we had wonderful time. Excellent place for couples. Kids may not find much to do around here.

If you have car, also visit nearby Jaco town, lots of restaurants and good for souvenir shopping.

Room Tip: Pick any room, they have beautiful view from all rooms :)
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

My girlfriend and I spent 4 days here at the end of April in the Egyptian Suite and we were thoroughly impressed. Highlights:
- beautiful views everywhere you look
- 3 beautiful pools on the property (including two infinity pools)
- hot tub in the suite
- lots of wildlife around since it is in the middle of the rainforest
- private beach with a bar/food service
- good proximity to Jaco
- lots of places to explore on the property
- much more that I can't think of

Overall we both would highly recommend this hotel! We will definitely stay here again if we visit CR in the future

Room Tip: Egyptian suite is very nice
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

what a place.. When I first saw the place I was speechless.. could not comprehend the beauty of the place..........
from rooms to swimming pool to private beach everything spectacular.....
Will definitely stay there if I visit Costa Rica again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I got to Villa Caletas often for the sunset drinks. The view is fantastic, but the drinks are marginal. We decided to have a romantic night at the Zephyr Palace. We booked a night in the Imperial Suite. The view is amazing. The bed is comfortable. The room service was quick and the food was pretty good. The layout of the room was really strange. The room is clouded with so much furniture that I could have brought everything in our closet and still wouldn't fill the storage. There is a big gym in the bathroom, which I thought would be a plus. It wasn't. The universal machine is cheap and rickety. Anyone who works out knows that the machine is completely unusable. And there was a spinning bike. Really? $1800 a night and we get a spinning bike. Get something that everyone can use, like a treadmill. The shower was slick as snot when it got wet. Both my husband and I slipped when we stepped in. To get to the steam room, one must walk thru the shower. And you are greeted by a nice vase/sink that has a wrinkled paper sign above it with a man peeing in the vase and a slash thru it. Wow. Is that really necessary? I would think that for the price of the room, they wouldn't get the crass people who would do that. And if they did, so what! The sign is totally unnecessary and cheapens the room.
And then the pools were murky and needed to be drained and scrubbed. The main pool up at the main hotel is fantastic, but we didn't want to trudge up there.

All in all, it's an interesting place to stay once.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Our son’s wedding at Zephyr Palace in Villa Caletas was absolutely magnificent—food, service and setting met and exceeded all our expectations but…it was offset by an extremely upsetting situation. We had booked and paid in full for the Oriental Suite in Zephyr Palace over 7 months before the wedding. In addition, I had contacted the hotel and reconfirmed our reservation days before. But when we arrived, we were told that we would be staying in the New World Suite instead. When I produced the email confirming our reservation for the Oriental Suite, I was told that it was already occupied and the only room available was the New World. The manager said he had given our room to an elderly person who couldn’t walk. The fact that I had chosen this particular room (and paid for it seven months ahead) precisely because I needed the elevator access and a walk in shower that the Oriental Suite provided didn’t seem to enter into his consideration. We were never notified of the change and they tried to slip it past us by not acknowledging it until I questioned our room assignment. When I asked if there was a difference in the room rate, the manager said we would be credited the difference, but he never offered the credit until I asked for it. When we checked out, the credit was not on our bill and, once again, I had to ask for it (a difference of $500!). The New World was the least desirable room at the Zephyr Palace, with two long flights of winding stairs without a handrail, and a tub with very high sides which I found extremely difficult to use. The much touted ocean view from the room was almost completely blocked by bedraggled vegetation. The view from our patio was of the other rooms with the spectacular ocean views. Our experience at Villa Caletas was not at all what we had hoped for. This was a once in a lifetime experience which was marred by the hotel’s mishandling of our reservation.

Room Tip: I would not recommend the Nuevo Mundo Suite at Zephyr Palace.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying 5 nights at Zephyr Palace/Villa Caletas. We stayed in the Egyptian suite for 3 nights and 2 nights in the The 20s suite. We really enjoyed our stay there. The property is completely beautiful. Views are absolutely breathtaking. Staff was excellent and especially the concierge. Very helpful and made arrangements for us seamlessly. There were a few wedding while we were there but we still were able to eat the restaurants next door. Would definitely go back to this hotel again and just love Costa Rica! One minor improvement would be the restaurant food at dinner. Food could be a bit better especially with the prices.

Room Tip: Egyptian Suite was great!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Zephyr Palace Luxury Rental Mansion? Share your experiences!