“Heaven on Earth” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zephyr Palace Luxury Rental Mansion

Save Saved
You added Zephyr Palace Luxury Rental Mansion to your Saves list
Zephyr Palace Luxury Rental Mansion
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Garabito, Herradura de Jaco, Jaco 12358-1000, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #5 of 42 Hotels in Jaco
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Heaven on Earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

what a place.. When I first saw the place I was speechless.. could not comprehend the beauty of the place..........
from rooms to swimming pool to private beach everything spectacular.....
Will definitely stay there if I visit Costa Rica again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I got to Villa Caletas often for the sunset drinks. The view is fantastic, but the drinks are marginal. We decided to have a romantic night at the Zephyr Palace. We booked a night in the Imperial Suite. The view is amazing. The bed is comfortable. The room service was quick and the food was pretty good. The layout of the room was really strange. The room is clouded with so much furniture that I could have brought everything in our closet and still wouldn't fill the storage. There is a big gym in the bathroom, which I thought would be a plus. It wasn't. The universal machine is cheap and rickety. Anyone who works out knows that the machine is completely unusable. And there was a spinning bike. Really? $1800 a night and we get a spinning bike. Get something that everyone can use, like a treadmill. The shower was slick as snot when it got wet. Both my husband and I slipped when we stepped in. To get to the steam room, one must walk thru the shower. And you are greeted by a nice vase/sink that has a wrinkled paper sign above it with a man peeing in the vase and a slash thru it. Wow. Is that really necessary? I would think that for the price of the room, they wouldn't get the crass people who would do that. And if they did, so what! The sign is totally unnecessary and cheapens the room.
And then the pools were murky and needed to be drained and scrubbed. The main pool up at the main hotel is fantastic, but we didn't want to trudge up there.

All in all, it's an interesting place to stay once.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Our son’s wedding at Zephyr Palace in Villa Caletas was absolutely magnificent—food, service and setting met and exceeded all our expectations but…it was offset by an extremely upsetting situation. We had booked and paid in full for the Oriental Suite in Zephyr Palace over 7 months before the wedding. In addition, I had contacted the hotel and reconfirmed our reservation days before. But when we arrived, we were told that we would be staying in the New World Suite instead. When I produced the email confirming our reservation for the Oriental Suite, I was told that it was already occupied and the only room available was the New World. The manager said he had given our room to an elderly person who couldn’t walk. The fact that I had chosen this particular room (and paid for it seven months ahead) precisely because I needed the elevator access and a walk in shower that the Oriental Suite provided didn’t seem to enter into his consideration. We were never notified of the change and they tried to slip it past us by not acknowledging it until I questioned our room assignment. When I asked if there was a difference in the room rate, the manager said we would be credited the difference, but he never offered the credit until I asked for it. When we checked out, the credit was not on our bill and, once again, I had to ask for it (a difference of $500!). The New World was the least desirable room at the Zephyr Palace, with two long flights of winding stairs without a handrail, and a tub with very high sides which I found extremely difficult to use. The much touted ocean view from the room was almost completely blocked by bedraggled vegetation. The view from our patio was of the other rooms with the spectacular ocean views. Our experience at Villa Caletas was not at all what we had hoped for. This was a once in a lifetime experience which was marred by the hotel’s mishandling of our reservation.

Room Tip: I would not recommend the Nuevo Mundo Suite at Zephyr Palace.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying 5 nights at Zephyr Palace/Villa Caletas. We stayed in the Egyptian suite for 3 nights and 2 nights in the The 20s suite. We really enjoyed our stay there. The property is completely beautiful. Views are absolutely breathtaking. Staff was excellent and especially the concierge. Very helpful and made arrangements for us seamlessly. There were a few wedding while we were there but we still were able to eat the restaurants next door. Would definitely go back to this hotel again and just love Costa Rica! One minor improvement would be the restaurant food at dinner. Food could be a bit better especially with the prices.

Room Tip: Egyptian Suite was great!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Inverness, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

My wife, two teens, and myself had the pleasure of staying in the Real Suite for a few nights over spring break. The grounds, suite, views, and service were absolutely incredible. One area in need of improvement would be the air conditioning in the suite itself. It would get cool in the room at night but not cold. A minor issue, and would stay there again in a heartbeat, we absolutely loved it. We been blessed to stay at a handful of luxury resorts, and to this point, Zephyr Palace leads them all!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Real Suite, but I can't imagine that there is a bad one.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Stayed in the African suite which was huge. there were bugs flying around everywhere and the restaurant wasn't that good. The staff is great but the villa is far away from everything. the pool was amazing .

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I got married at the Zephyr Palace a couple weeks ago and was completely blown away by the team, service and setting. Pilar, Alexander, Frederic, and Jairo were amazing, they made sure that everything was perfect. My guests, some of which are very hard to please, kept complimenting the service. The Zephyr itself is a special place that is out of a story book. It truly is "close to heaven". I had a welcome dinner at the ampitheatre the day before the wedding which consisted of a fajita buffet. I was a little worried about how this would turn out due to our limited budget, but it was amazing! The spread and quality of the food far exceeded my expectations. We also had the entire ampitheatre reserved just for us which made it so special. The food at the Zephyr the day of the wedding was impecable as well, we offered a choice of filet or chicken and heard nothing but positive reviews from all the guests. All of the steaks were cooked to order for each guest. The staff even brought out food and drinks for the bridal party while we were taking our photos so we would not miss out on the cocktail hour (so awesome). If you are thinking about having a wedding or event here, do not hesitate. All of our 60 guests kept describing our wedding as a Gatsby party.

I reserved the Oriental suite for the bridal party to get ready in and for our wedding night. The room with King bed was enormous and has 2 full bathrooms and a small guest room with a full sized bed. The lighting in the entire room was not ideal for doing makeup and we had to improvise to get better lighting by shining the flashlight from our iphone. If you're thinking of this room for your bridal party, I would recommend asking your coordinator to suggest a room with better lighting. There were so many ornate details in the room, it was fun to keep finding new things throughout the day, it did make for lovely pictures. There is also an indoor jacuzzi, I stayed in a junior suite last year at the Caletas and personally do prefer the jacuzzi to be outdoors. Some other reviews noted that the Oriental Suite was noisy, living in a big city, I thought the room peaceful and quite the two nights I stayed there.

I cannot say enough postive comments. My husband and I are already planning an anniversary trip to come back.

Room Tip: Oriental Suite does not have great lighting for applying makeup. Beautiful balcony and ornate detai...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Zephyr Palace Luxury Rental Mansion? Share your experiences!