“Amazing - Breathtaking” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zephyr Palace Luxury Rental Mansion

Save Saved
You added Zephyr Palace Luxury Rental Mansion to your Saves list
Zephyr Palace Luxury Rental Mansion
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Garabito, Herradura de Jaco, Jaco 12358-1000, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #6 of 42 hotels in Jaco
Brooklyn, New York
“Amazing - Breathtaking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed 5 days at the Zephyr Palace - Villas Caletas and it was one of the best vacations ever. The Room -- The Egipto had a huge jacuzzi - views from the mountain of the Pacific Ocean. The Staff is extremely helpful and professional. The old world architecture is unbelievable. There is even a amphitheater where you can watch the sunset every evening. We also noticed there was a wedding being planned the day before our departure -- This couple and their guests will never forget the Zephr Palace. Planning to Return Again, And Again -- Did I say I was going again

Room Tip: All Suites are Outstanding.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Tarpon Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We were here for only 3 nights. I actually could of used an extra day or so just to enjoy the resort.
We stayed in the Africana suite. Felt as if we were in a Palace. The staff was amazing and the views were breath taking. It's far enough away from town to not feel like your in an over populated resort. If you are looking for a highly populated commercialized place. villa Caletas is not it. It's a hidden treasure just outside of JACO

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The rooms were airy and large, the Jacuzzi in the balcony a treat, the dining area sweet, the attention to the decoration, although over the top, tastefully done and overall, a most unique experience. Thanks to the staff.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

My wife and I just returned from the Palace this week. We knew this was a rainy month in CR, but we lucked out with the weather each day. The room, the Palace, the restaurant, were all outstanding, but we were most impressed by the level of service, and the friendly staff. When we got there, they allowed us another room that we liked better, and the Concierge, Laura, was extremely knowledgeable and straightforward about each tour, operators, and what to watch out for. During the length of our stay, we were addressed by name by each of the staff members who were as friendly as they were competent. Most times, we felt like we had the place to ourselves, but the staff appeared the moment we needed them. Wow!

Room Tip: We stayed in the New World Suite, which fit us perfectly, as a couple.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

My family, all grown adults, vacationed here for my 30th birthday. It was a wonderful vacation! My husband, brother and I shared the Royal Suite, which was made up of 2 rooms. The master bedroom was spacious with three closets and a TV that, with a click of a button, electronically raised from the end of the bed. The bathroom was very clean and large, with both an entrance from the master room and the second room. The views were awesome, the terrace was very long and comfortable. The Zephry Palace portion of this hotel property does not seem suitable for children. It is very relaxing and quiet, perfect for a romantic trip or adult family vacation.

Room service and housekeeping was spectacular! Truly top notch, professional service. I can't say that I've ever had such good service, and that says a lot since I work in the customer service industry.

The infinity pool was fantastic, panoramic views of the mountains and ocean. The sunset is best watched up at the pool area. We visited the hotel in the "green/rainy" season, so there was no options for dining at the Zephyr Palace except for room service. The Villa Caletas is a hotel property adjoined to the Zephyr Palace, only a few minutes walk away. They had a few dining options with fantastic service at both. My favorite meal was breakfast, the fruit was unbelievable. Everything was fresh and I have not had a better meal since. The servers were very friendly and helpful. The prices may be a little bit above expectations, but since the property is located further away from the hustle and bustle, it is the only option if you do not plan ahead. One day my family took a day trip to Manuel Antonio National Park (which was amazing) and we pre-ordered boxed breakfasts to go through the main restaurant since we had to leave before they opened. Very accommodating! We ate at the hotel for most of our trip except for one night we dined at the Marriott, about 20 minutes away, and prices were similar. On my birthday, our server hand wrote a special birthday message on my dessert and really made me feel great! The whole restaurant ended up singing to me, it was a great feeling, everyone was so nice.

The gym and pool at the main hotel, Villa Caletas, was very nice. The whole property makes you feel like you are in your own rainforest, very lush and exotic. The flowers, plants, and overall decor are awesome. The only suggestion I would have is for the hotel to have a little snack stand during the day and evening (other than the pool area). It would be nice to get a few bottles of water and a granola bar or chips.

Laura from concierge was FANTASTIC. She was friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable about every tour offered. I had a million questions and she was very patient and walked me through each detail of the tour. Laura worked with our schedule and even accommodated a special request we had for a tour I wanted to do, that was not offered through the hotel. I cannot give enough praise about her, she is truly a fantastic employee and the hotel is lucky to have her.

The hotel airport shuttle, $100 total for up to 5 travelers, was on time and our driver was professional. He stopped for several "photo ops" and pointed out some of the local culture. The bellhops were awesome, one night it was raining and they picked us up from the Zephyr Palace and drove us the short distance to the hotel restaurant.

Jaco, a small touristy town is located about 15-20 minutes away from the hotel. Laura or anyone else at the concierge can schedule a taxi which is approximately $20 - 30. All travel with the tours is included in the price. I honestly would not recommend renting a car - the roads can be very difficult to navigate and it is easy to get lost. We spend less on taxi money than we would have renting a car for the entire trip.

Costa Ricans are an extremely friendly and nice people, and our experience at the Zephyr Palace proved nothing different. I would recommend this hotel property! Thank you for an enjoyable experience and special birthday. Pura Vida!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Edgewater, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

My wife and I spent eight nights in the large, well appointed African suite at Zephyr palace. The view from the floor to ceiling windows of the forest canopy and ocean is stunning. The view extends to the private balcony with hammock and hot tub. To look down at macaws flying above the trees is almost dream-like.

The staff was friendly, prompt and attentive - always greeting you with a smile. We enjoyed several wonderful meals at the restaurant. Breakfast was always a treat with so many locally inspired dishes to choose from. I would definitely recommend the Caletas breakfast.

We also experienced the most breathtaking sunsets from the beautiful infinity pool - one of the many wonderful spots on the hotel grounds.

We were looking forward to this vacation since booking it early in the year. Our expectations were met and surpassed. Maybe one day we'll make it back to this little piece of heaven.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 10 days at the palace (we were in the African Suite) in April for our honeymoon. It was everything we were hoping for and more. Not only was the room beautiful and quiet but so were the rest of the grounds. The views were amazing as was the staff. Even though the palace was a bit of a walk to the rest of the property, we didn't mind. The staff always stopped when driving by on the golf cart to ask if we wanted a ride. Most of the other reviews complain about the beach being too rocky so we were expecting it and it was no problem at all. The beach is a private beach that you have to access by truck, which was a fun ride each way. It was so quiet and relaxing and at most there were 2-3 other people down there at the same time as we were. Most of the time it was our own private beach with no one around except for the waiter who was on top of bringing us drinks and snacks the second ours were almost empty. I could go on and on about our amazing trip, and would definitely love to go back time and time again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Zephyr Palace Luxury Rental Mansion? Share your experiences!