My husband and I visited Villa Caletas for an 8 day honeymoon in August. It was everything we had hoped for and more.
Privacy is key, here. We stayed at the Zephyr Palace, which is palace full of 6 or 7 luxury suites. It seemed that, at all times, there were only 2 or 3 rooms in the palace which were booked. Because the palace has its own beautiful infinity pool, this meant that we had the place to ourselves most days.
The style and accommodations are also top notch (despite the occasional musty smell that probably can't be avoided in a rainforest environment). Everything feels extremely European, so don't go expecting to have Costa Rican-themed rooms (though the service/staff are mostly locals, so that helps create the Pura Vida atmosphere!). Our suite was immaculately decorated in honor of "The 20th Century" and featured many one-of-a-kind decor items. We also had our own expansive balcony (with a panoramic ocean view!) as well as our own hot tub (also with an ocean view!).
The food and drink service was also wonderful. Because you are so high up on a cliff, you are separated from the ability to just head into town and choose a restaurant, so you are pretty much committed to either eating at the hotel restaurant or paying 40 bucks for a cab ride into Jaco (where, I am told, the food options are actually fairly limited anyway, though cheap). We opted to eat at the hotel. It is not cheap, and the prices there are definitely higher than restaurants down in Jaco, but it is so very worth it. Fish is freshly caught, everything is prepared perfectly, and the sunset and sunrise views are to die for.
Service is wonderful here. Truly impeccable. At every corner, there was someone offering to give us a hand, to give us a ride, or to get us a drink. We never waited service or help. They were willing to serve us anywhere, whether we were in the restaurant or just hanging out by ourselves at a secluded pool.
Developing a relationship with the concierge is important if you will be here for more than a few days. It is not the kind of place where a person could stay for an extended period of time without leaving for some excursions (because there is just not a lot to do at the hotel, and it is a bit secluded). We had some great excursions set up by the concierge to do zip lining, surfing, and a trip to see the monkeys at the national park.
Overall, our stay was great. From the food to the service, we felt we were being cared for by a wonderful resort.
- Also Known As:
- Zephyr Palace Luxury Rental Mansion Hotel
- Zephyr Palace Luxury Rental Mansion Hotel Jaco
- Zephyr Palace Luxury Rental Mansion Costa Rica/Jaco
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- in the central pacific coast of costa rica with an impressive view to nicoya gulf and located in the top of the hill, is the zephyr palace, a stunning mansion with breathtaking sunset views, bordered by a tropical forest and touched by a gentle breeze.its name and design was inspired in the mythological greek god of the west wind. zephyr in the original greek zephyros, was considered the gentlest wind. the warm west wind brought the spring season, even today the name of the god means a warm and light breeze. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Splendia and Tingo so you can book your Zephyr Palace Luxury Rental Mansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.