This resort is absolutely amazing. It sits on the side of a mountain and if you stay in Zephyr Palace, which is a more secluded resort on the Villa Caletas property you can see the Gulf of Nicoya. We saw every sunset at dinner and woke to every sunrise in our room. This resort is absolutely beautiful. We stayed in the New world Suite which sits on the bottom floor of Zephyr Palace but it has a Jacuzzi with a nice sitting area and curtains for privacy as well. Keep in mind this resort is in the most beautiful forest I have ever seen so you will see lizards, toucans, and other animals. The restaurants on site are expensive so if you spend all of your money to stay in the Zephyr Palace like we did you may want to look at nearby restaurants or delivery. The concierge desk is absolutely amazing. You just tell them what you want to do and they will make it happen. If you do not bring enough cash, the resort can do a cash advance for a small fee. There is a beach at this resort, however, it is at the bottom of the mountain. There is a shuttle that holds about 5 people that travels back and forth to this private beach. There are beds and canopy at the beach as well as folding chairs. The beach does not look like the typical sandy beach. It is more rocky than anything. You have to walk a little distance to get in the water. Jaco beach is about 20 mins from the resort and looks like your typical beach, however, it is not private. Overall the resort is a great place for relaxation as long as you don't mind the lizards and animals you may see. Almost forgot.....The beach shuttle stops running at four. The resort can rent a vehicle if you like.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- in the central pacific coast of costa rica with an impressive view to nicoya gulf and located in the top of the hill, is the zephyr palace, a stunning mansion with breathtaking sunset views, bordered by a tropical forest and touched by a gentle breeze.its name and design was inspired in the mythological greek god of the west wind. zephyr in the original greek zephyros, was considered the gentlest wind. the warm west wind brought the spring season, even today the name of the god means a warm and light breeze. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia and Splendia so you can book your Zephyr Palace Luxury Rental Mansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zephyr Palace Luxury Rental Mansion Hotel Jaco
- Zephyr Palace Luxury Rental Mansion Costa Rica/Jaco