The Zephyr Palace is absolutely beautiful. The rooms are very luxurious. We stayed in the Oriental Suite and it had a great balcony overlooking the ocean, a huge master bathroom complete with walk-in shower and hot tub with an ocean view, and a second small bedroom and bathroom with a walk-in shower. If you are just looking for a great room with a view, you will get it here. If you are looking for a totally wonderful customer service experience, perhaps elsewhere close by, like the Marriott, would be better.
This place is geared toward large group bookings like wedding parties and other parties renting out the whole 7 room mansion for special events. We were there when another large party had rented out the rest of the rooms and many others in the Villas complex. We were apparently the "odd couple out". After paying a huge amount of money to get a room there, we were made to feel like intruders on the other big party's good time. When we tried to swim in the beautiful infinity pool overlooking the ocean, we were constantly questioned about who we were and if we were staying there (really???), and then we were ineptly escorted out of the pool as we were told it was reserved for a private party, and whisked off to another pool on the property. Totally not cool and very embarrassing.
I did complain about our treatment when we were checking out and had to ask for compensation for our treatment as they offered none upon checkout. I will have to say that they finally did comp our night's dinner and drinks after they saw how unhappy we were so I'll give them credit for that but we shouldn't have had to ask for that courtesy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- in the central pacific coast of costa rica with an impressive view to nicoya gulf and located in the top of the hill, is the zephyr palace, a stunning mansion with breathtaking sunset views, bordered by a tropical forest and touched by a gentle breeze.its name and design was inspired in the mythological greek god of the west wind. zephyr in the original greek zephyros, was considered the gentlest wind. the warm west wind brought the spring season, even today the name of the god means a warm and light breeze. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Zephyr Palace Luxury Rental Mansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zephyr Palace Luxury Rental Mansion Hotel Jaco
- Zephyr Palace Luxury Rental Mansion Costa Rica/Jaco