“Edmonton and jungle drops!?!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 95 Restaurants in Jaco
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Located in the heart of Main street in Jaco, Costa Rica.
Kelowna, Canada
“Edmonton and jungle drops!?!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Waiter was the most informative of anywhere we have been! Ivan from Edmonton was so awesome and we had a blast!! Food was so good and the waiter SOLD us on the specials. Portions were generous! Like so generous. When it comes to taste and portion size, 4 Canadians left satisfied and that normal for jaco.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Jaco, Costa Rica
“Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

A great menu, good service, and nice atmosphere are all hallmarks of this establishment. Try the duck, best in town.

Visited March 2013
New York City, New York
“Good food, better service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

One disclaimer to start... my wife and I had dinner here in April, well after the high season is done with, and there were very few customers at the restaurant besides us.

With that out of the way, I have to say that our experience here was very nice. The food selection was excellent, with lots of specials. We both ordered the chicken special and a couple of appetizers (BBQ lobster bites for her and some tortilla soup for me). The food came out very quickly and was delicious. If I have one complaint, it's that the chicken special had a bit too much sauce for my liking, but I am nitpicking here.

Drinks were very good, too. However, the service is what really grabbed my attention. Everyone was extremely pleasant, helpful, and friendly. We got an enthusiastic greeting, as did others customers we saw come in later on, were seated right away without a reservation, and several folks checked on us throughout the evening, to make sure that everything was to our liking.

The prices are not cheap, but I would say they are pretty reasonable, particularly given what you get for your money. The decor is fairly simple - high ceilings inside, table and booth seating, plus patio area seating outside, looking over the street (the restaurant is located on the second floor of a two-story building. Very inviting, dynamic, and sharp is how I would describe it.

Definitely, a good place to grab a bite when visiting Jaco and one of the best options in town.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Best food in jaco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

I went there with group of good friends and we all had a great time. The waiter was very knowledgeable and the food was amazing especially the Buffalo lobster bites

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
LA
“Attacked by a drunk in the resturaunt. A violent dangerous place.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I took my 75 year old grandmother and 85 year old grand aunt and other friends to the Lemon Zest. We were the only group seated outside on the balcony. A big fat drunk came out and started hitting on one of my friends. He then began cursing in low class spnish, terifying the elderly ladies. He tried to punch my friend who he asked him to leave our table. The staff restrained him and took him inside. My grandmother and 85 year old aunt were shaking. We waited 10 minutes to be sure the drunk was gone. When we entered from the balcony to leave we were stunned to to see the punk sitting there drinking. The owner said he could not throw him out as he was drunk. So he left him there seated with hookers.

This place is dangerous. I fear for those who bring kids or elderly there. How long can a place last when the owners choose profit over safety and decency.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
tripstar101, Owner at Lemon Zest Restaurant, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
We know that you were visiting for dessert and had already had dinner somewhere else.and were sitting outside on our balcony
We apologize about the vulger words used in front of your elderly family members by a customer
who was seated inside and showed no " bad behavior " prior to the incident
However if you remember one of our friendly, professional servers had to pull him away from you as 3 of you were beating him on his head !!!
He returned to his guests and finished his meal
After the fact on your way out you wanted to continue the altercation outside with him ??
As all the other diners stared in awe with your threats to even the owners ??
Remember
Again it was a incident that was not a fault of Lemon Zest or its' owners !!!!