“Lemon Zest was fantastic!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 100 Restaurants in Jaco
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Located in the heart of Main street in Jaco, Costa Rica.
Michigan, usa
“Lemon Zest was fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at Lemon Zest last night in Jaco, Costa Rica. As newly empty nesters, we eat out way too much and are rarely surprised(in a good way) with restaurants. Well Lemon Zest was FANTASTIC. What a great surprise from a place like Jaco. The food was surprising, innovative, hot and delicious! In addition the prices were very reasonable. My wife and I each had 2 appetizers because they had so many and they all sounded great. I had 2 beers and my wife had a couple cokes. We also split a piece of ice cream pie for dessert. The total was $75US.

Our server, Ivan was also top notch. He was upbeat and attentive, and man he could remember a lot of specials.

I highly recommend you make this one of your dinners if you are in or around Jaco.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
“Extremely Overrated, There's Much better in Jaco.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We were lucky enough to get a table without a reservation, the woman that greeted us was quite nice. The place is run by an American family, so the english is pretty good.

The food...

I started with the buffalo lobster appetizer. It was so unbelievably salty, I thought my hands were going to swell up. The buffalo sauce tasted pretty close to Frank's Buffalo wing sauce, I wouldn't have it again.

I then had the Lobster Francaise, the texture of the batter was mushy and this dish was the complete opposite on the seasoning scale, there was zero flavour other than overpowering lemon.

My wife had a stuffed chicken dish that was pretty bland and not "stuffed". She asked for the mushroom gravy on the side and was told that wasn't possible, which made no sense, but we put it off as a language barrier. The chicken wasn't stuffed, some bad pork product was jammed under the skin.

Our server had poor english and was pretty difficult to get a hold of for drink top ups and whatnot.

The bill was over $120, and wasn't worth half that. Maybe they had an off night, but we weren't going to risk trying it again. EAT! downstairs was a consistently better restaurant.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Best Food in Jaco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Great food, awesome waitstaff, fabulous hostess-manager who worked to get us in w.o reservation (advice: worth making the reservation folks!) Best food in Jaco, without a doubt. Fresh delicious ingredients, seasoned to perfection, fun staff - including the bartender - awesome pineapple mojito! Well run and great food.

Visited December 2012
“Decent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Of the places in jaco, this place is probably one of the better. But in reality, it's decent. In fact, the service is subpar. The food is decent. The salad was over dressed and the entrees lacked flavor. It seemed that everything had a teaspoon of sugar added- including the drinks! I'd come back only bc the other options are few and far between. But lemon zest, in reality, in terms of food, is a "zesty" Applebee's.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Villanova, Pennsylvania
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Everything about this restaurant is great. Six people. all with different entrees experienced the same level of excellence. I had to force myself not to go back and try other restaurants in Jaco but none compared, truely a winner.

Visited December 2012