We stayed here for spring break 2013. We have a 6 year old son. The lodge is set in the rainforest next to a stoney beach. The cabin we stayed in was literally in the rainforest. There are trails that thread through the property that start near the cabins and main lodge. Within minutes, it feels as though you are deep in the rainforest. The main draw for me was the hiking and birding. I was able to birdwatch without a guide and see most of the birds on my wish list for the area. My husband loved the fishing. He fished from the pier and took a fishing tour. Our son loved jumping from the pier, especially at LOW tide (longer drop!). We all loved the guides, esp Gustavo; the bartender- Yooie, the food, the open dining, the open shower in our cabin, the small number of guests, the sustainability tour, the wildlife sanctuary tour, the snorkeling.... I could go on and on. Our son cried when we left, my husband and I felt like crying too.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Hotel Golfito
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Hotel
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Golfito
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge Costa Rica/Golfito
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Nicuesa is an environmentally sensitive lodge set on a 165-acre private preserve in the undeveloped Pacific Coast of Southern Costa Rica. It's jungle & sea location provides a unique multisport vacation: the front yard is a gulf right off the Pacific Ocean, and the back yard consists of thousands of acres of pristine tropical rainforest. Overall, the experience embraces conservation and harmony with the natural environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, T4B, Priceline, Travelocity, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.