This review is a little overdue as we stayed in Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge two years ago. The lovely memories stay with us still!
The people were kind and attentive without being overbearing and we really enjoyed our trek with Freemon (I may misspelling) and the evening talks we had with Jonathan. He is a real nature lover and a great bartender too. He even took us on a night stroll to check whether the “resident” alligator has made an appearance.
The highlight of our 3-night stay was when Thomas took us to maybe see the dolphins. We were so lucky that we saw a whale with her kid! For about an hour we were watching these beautiful creatures playing in the water. Truly unforgettable!
We are not a particularly active couple so an almost equally sweet memory is how we spent one evening in the hammock just reading and gazing at the macaws and toucans up above.
The food was ok with some great moments. All in all we were satisfied by our stay there. It stretched our budget but was worth it and we would recommend to those that seek the combination of comfort and ‘eco’.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Nicuesa is an environmentally-friendly eco-lodge set on a 165-acre private rainforest preserve on the undeveloped Pacific Coast of Golfo Dulce in southern Costa Rica. Our jungle & sea location provides a unique adventure and nature vacation: the front yard is a gulf right off the Pacific Ocean, and the backyard consists of thousands of acres of pristine tropical rainforest. Overall, the experience embraces conservation and harmony with the natural environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Hotel Golfito
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Golfito
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge Costa Rica/Golfito