The RAFIKI rafting trip was a fun experience. The staff is personable and educated and learning the story behind the ecolodge and it's purpose was an added plus. We were staying off site in Manuel Antonio. They promptly picked us up around 7:30 for the hour (bumpy) ride to the lodge. We were greeted by the owner and treated to a traditional costa rica breakfast. We were then given a tour of the grounds and an explanation of the mission statement behind RAFIKI. The rafting guys were awesome and super educated as well showing us local plants such as cinnamon bar, licorice, etc. We then set out on a great rafting trip with break for lunch an waterfall. The trip was a mix of rapids and calm waters. Just a great way to experience the costa rican ecosystem. I would definitely return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rafiki is a sustainable adventure lodge located in the Savegre Valley of Costa Rica. The lodge sits on 840 acres of tropical forest. Rafiki specializes in custom white water rafting, horseback riding and hiking trips. Guests sleep in imported luxury Safari Tents which feature hydro electric fans and lights. Each tent sits on a raised hardwood platform, has a deluxe bathroom with glass showers heated with fire. The units also have a private porch with rocking chairs looking over the Savegre Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Rafiki Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafiki Safari Hotel Province Of Puntarenas
- Rafiki Safari Lodge Costa Rica/Province Of Puntarenas