Well...it should tell you a lot that I returned after only one year, for another stay at Rafiki lodge. The first time I visited the lodge with a girlfriend, and this past summer I returned with my 3 kids...13, 17, 21. I knew they would have a blast...and I was right! They loved the luxery tents (and they are luxery). It is so much fun to hear the frogs and other sounds of the night while sleeping comfortably in a cozy tent. The meals are made to order (and delicious) and the bar tender not only makes yummy drinks but we also had a great time listening to his acoustic guitar/singing. My girls are musicians too so they all took turns playing and singing. The first day we all went rafting and had a blast. The guides are so personable and make the trip so fun! Half way we stopped and had a delicious lunch and coverstaion with everyone on the trip. The second day my kids went horseback riding and were lucky enough to have Lautjie, guide them on their ride. Loacha is the owner's son/manager and lives with his family on the property. Because my kids are familiar with riding horses, he catered the ride to them...so they were able to gallop, and even ride through the small near by town to get a close up look at local Coasta Rican life. I think this ride was the highlight of their trip! Thank you Lautjie! And meanwhile...I was getting a relaxing massage on the porch of my tent. Overlooking the lagoon.
I was so fortunate to meet the owners Constant and Ralene on both of my visits to Rafiki. Between conversation with them and getting to hang out with Lautie I almost feel like family when I stay there! It's a most amazing place...and I can guarantee you...you will have a magical, memorable time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rafiki is a sustainable adventure lodge located in the Savegre Valley of Costa Rica. The lodge sits on 840 acres of tropical forest. Rafiki specializes in custom white water rafting, horseback riding and hiking trips. Guests sleep in imported luxury Safari Tents which feature hydro electric fans and lights. Each tent sits on a raised hardwood platform, has a deluxe bathroom with glass showers heated with fire. The units also have a private porch with rocking chairs looking over the Savegre Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Rafiki Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafiki Safari Hotel Province Of Puntarenas
- Rafiki Safari Lodge Costa Rica/Province Of Puntarenas