“Without a doubt the best surf instructors” 5 of 5 stars

011-(506)-8825-1381
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Green Iguana Surf Camp is one of Costa Rica's pioneering surf camps, in business for over a decade, here in the quaint town of Playa Dominical. We offer the finest quality surf instruction, as well as waterfalls, river rafting, jungle canopy zip-lines, and much more! Come to Green Iguana for the best surfing vacation you could ask for, and leave with memories that will make you seriously consider moving to this wonderful place!
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Without a doubt the best surf instructors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I could write a book here so I will try to keep my review short. We were in Dominical in May and were so sad to leave.
The surf instructors at the Green Iguana were truly amazing people. They were so patient and professional with us. They took us surfing every single day as well as daily trips to 2 different waterfalls, river tubing, zip lining and Reptilandia. These guys went the extra mile, always driving us everywhere and even picking us up after dinner.
These guys were honest and the whole time we felt we were among friends.
I highly recommend this place to anyone that wants to learn how to surf, needs a refresher or just wants to rent some surf boards. I would go back in a heartbeat!

Visited May 2013

“They made surfing my life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

These guys are the most amazingly talented surfers and they are so devote to making you have an awesome time and learn how to surf! I'd never surfed before I travelled to the magnificent town of Dominical and they somehow found a way to make it my biggest passion, surfing is literally all I want to do! In the little town of Dominical you see people around everyday, and with green iguana ou instantly have a awesome group of people you're bound to run into around the town all the time! I recommend these kind hearted guys to the moon and back! I love you green iguana <3

Montreal, Canada
“Best place to learn surf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I went there in September 2012 to learn surf. These guys are not just friendly, they are amazing teachers and know what they re doing. They know multiples spots so you don't always stay at the same beach. They'll also take you to local attractions, so you discover everything Costa Rica has to offer. 10 days was not enough.

Visited September 2012
Quebec City, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Dominical rules!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I love Dominical beach! It has big waves, constant and strong: perfect for surfing!
I go every year and I can tell that Green Iguana Surf Camp is a doing a great job! There are rip current so for the first time surfers, could be wise to take lessons before.
GISC has a very good reputation. I recommand it 100%!

Visited December 2012
Liverpool
7 attraction reviews
“Great surf camp”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

My friend and I visited the surf camp for 5 nights in March 2010 and had an amazing time. 1st of all our flight was delayed out of Heathrow so we missed our connecting flight from Houston, Texas to San Jose and had to stay overnight in a hotel in Houston, therefore we would miss the guy who was supposed to be picking us up from the airport. After a couple of attempts we managed to get hold of the surf camp and they were more than happy to re-arrange the transfer from the airport to the next day when we would land. The driver was very friendly and stopped to pick us up some mangoes on the 3 hour journey and to show us wild crocs!!!!

The room was basic and what we were expecting, surf camp was excellent, the teachers obviosuly knew what they were doing and we learnt a lot. Not only did they teach us how to surf but they took us to explore the local area for example we went to a local waterfall, to a reptile place and went on rubber rings down the river.

I would highly recommend this surf camp to anyone

Visited December 2012