I have now brought a group of university students from South Louisiana for 3 years in a row to this hotel. They and I have always enjoyed our 2/3 day stay. It is normally reached by a long 1-1 and1/2 hour boat ride (the captain points out iguanas, monkeys, caymans, etc., on the way) - a very good introduction to the splendid tropical rainforest. The location is amazing with an entrance which looks totally forbidden along a narrow overgrown canal till reaching the sunny clearing. The hotel is a compound of wooden buildings and swimming pool. The rooms are light, airy and comfortable with overhead ceiling fans. The staff is very efficient, friendly and helpful and the food, although always buffet style, is good and welcome after a long walk or boat ride. There's lots to do: walking on the long misty beach at dawn or at dusk where the turtles lay their eggs (no swimming in the sea because of dangerous rip tides), wonderful day and night boat tours guided by knowledgeable captains through the large expanses of canal water pointing out the ever present variety of flora and wildlife, walks through the tropical rain forest which presents a marvelous musical cacophony of sounds coming from all sorts of species, a visit by boat to the interesting quaint small village of Tortuguero where the houses are raised off the ground because of flooding. It's hard to say goodbye to Jessie (manager) and his friendly staff. Feedback from the students about the hotel has always been very positive.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Beach Hotel Tortuguero
- Turtle Beach Hotel
- Turtle Beach Lodge Costa Rica/Tortuguero
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The area of Tortuguero is rightfully called The Amazon of Costa Rica because access is only by boat on Jungle Rivers. Turtle Beach Lodge, 5 miles north of the town of Tortuguero, is a secluded resort spanning 175 acres with miles of jungle trails, a meandering private canal, and a half mile of beach adjoining still more isolated beaches. The lodge accommodates approximately 80 guests; assisted by a well trained staff and guides who ease you into an exciting jungle experience. Stay in the beautifully landscaped cabinas, swim in our turtle shaped pool, relax in the adjacent shady hammock hut with food and drink from the restaurant and bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Turtle Beach Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.